CollectionFrederick Douglass Papers at the Library of Congress The Frederick Douglass Papers at the Library of Congress presents the papers of the nineteenth-century African American abolitionist who escaped from slavery and then risked his freedom by becoming an outspoken antislavery...
- Contributor: Douglass, Helen - Douglass, Frederick
Collection Items: View 1,013 Items
CollectionSlaves and the Courts, 1740-1860 This collection consists of 105 library books and manuscripts, totalling approximately 8,700 pages drawn principally from the Law Library and the Rare Book and Special Collections Division of the Library of Congress,...
- Contributor: Library of Congress. Law Library - Library of Congress. National Digital Library Program - Library of Congress. Rare Book and Special Collections Division
- Date: 2002
Collection Items: View 109 Items
CollectionCartoon Prints, American This assemblage of more than 500 prints made in America during the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries encompasses several forms of political art. Most of the prints are from the division's PC/US series,...
- Contributor: Baillie, James S. - Maurer, Louis - Magee, John L. - Bucholzer, H. - Currier & Ives - Currier, Nathaniel - Childs, John - Clay, Edward Williams - Robinson, Henry R.
- Date: 1766
Collection Items: View 819 Items
CollectionJames Buchanan and Harriet Lane Johnston Papers The papers of James Buchanan (1791-1868), representative and senator of Pennsylvania, secretary of state, and fifteenth president of the United States, and those of his niece and White House hostess Harriet Lane...
- Contributor: Buchanan, James - Johnston, Harriet Lane
Collection Items: View 65 Items
CollectionBlackwell Family Papers The Blackwell Family Papers span the years 1759-1960, with the bulk of the material dating from 1845 to 1890. Consisting of approximately 29,000 items (58,002 images), most of which were digitized from...
- Contributor: Blackwell, Henry Browne - Blackwell, Elizabeth - Blackwell, Kitty Barry - Stone, Lucy - Blackwell, Alice Stone - Blackwell, Antoinette Louisa Brown - Blackwell, Emily
Collection Items: View 2,313 Items
CollectionSamuel F. B. Morse Papers at the Library of Congress, 1793-1919 Approximately 6,500 items from the Samuel F. B. Morse Papers in the Manuscript Division at the Library of Congress have been digitized, including correspondence, diaries, printed matter, maps, drawings and miscellany. These...
- Contributor: Clausing, Ludwig - Morse, Samuel Finley Breese - Magnetic Telegraph Company
Collection Items: View 142 Items
CollectionAnna E. Dickinson Papers The papers of lecturer, reformer, actress, and author Anna Elizabeth Dickinson (1842-1932) span the period 1859-1951, but are chiefly concentrated in the years from 1859 to 1911. The collection consists of approximately...
- Contributor: Dickinson, Anna E. (Anna Elizabeth)
Collection Items: View 404 Items
CollectionElizabeth Cady Stanton Papers The papers of suffragist, reformer, and feminist theorist Elizabeth Cady Stanton (1815-1902) cover the years 1814 to 1946, with most of the material concentrated between 1840 and 1902. Consisting of approximately 1,000...
- Contributor: Stanton, Elizabeth Cady
Collection Items: View 169 Items
CollectionOmar Ibn Said Collection The Omar Ibn Said Collection consists of 42 digitized documents in both English and Arabic, including an 1831 manuscript in Arabic on "The Life of Omar Ibn Said," a West African slave...
- Contributor: Cotheal, Alexander Isaac - Kebe, Lamine - American Bible Society - See, Sheikh Sana - Thomson, William Hanna - Bird, Isaac - American Board of Commissioners for Foreign Missions - Dukur, Muḥammad - Beard, Derrick Joshua - Library of Congress. African and Middle Eastern Division ... Cotheal, Alexander Isaac - Kebe, Lamine - American Bible Society - See, Sheikh Sana - Thomson, William Hanna - Bird, Isaac - American Board of Commissioners for Foreign Missions - Dukur, Muḥammad - Beard, Derrick Joshua - Library of Congress. African and Middle Eastern Division - American Ethnological Society - Said, Omar Ibn - Library of Congress. Rare Book and Special Collections Division - Dwight, Theodore - Omar Ibn Said Collection (Library of Congress) - Rothman, Adam
- Date: 1741
Collection Items: View 46 Items