CollectionChina-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) 2018-2021 Web Archive The China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) is part of China’s “One Belt, One Road (OBOR)” initiative. OBOR’s vision encompasses a geographical region that extends from the Baltics in Europe to Southeast Asia and...
- Contributor: Library of Congress - Library of Congress. Asian Division - Library of Congress. African and Middle Eastern Division
- Date: 2018
Collection Items: View 69 Items
CollectionWilliam Speiden Journals As purser’s clerk aboard the U.S. steam frigate Mississippi, William Speiden, Jr., (1835-1920) created a two-volume journal dating from 1852 to 1855 documenting the U.S. Naval Expedition to the China Seas and...
- Contributor: Speiden, William
Collection Items: View 16 Items
CollectionWorld Digital Library This collection contains cultural heritage materials gathered during the World Digital Library (WDL) project, including thousands of items contributed by partner organizations worldwide as well as content from Library of Congress collections....
Collection Items: View 18,844 Items
CollectionRobert Lansing Papers The private memoranda, desk diaries, and notes, 1915-1922, of diplomat and lawyer Robert Lansing (1864-1928) consist of 22 volumes (3,090 images) located in containers 63-67 of a larger collection of Lansing papers...
- Contributor: Lansing, Robert
Collection Items: View 24 Items
CollectionYudin Collection of Russian-American Company Records, 1783-1946 The Russian-American Company records, once part of the personal library of Gennadiĭ Vasilʹevich Yudin (1840-1912), date from 1783 to 1830 and include 166 items (1,369 images), ranging in length from one to...
- Contributor: I︠u︡din, G. V. (Gennadiĭ Vasilʹevich) - Yudin Collection (Library of Congress) - Rossiĭsko-Amerikanskai︠a︡ Kompanii︠a
Collection Items: View 171 Items
CollectionSeptember 11, 2001 Web Archive The September 11, 2001 Web Archive preserves the web expressions of individuals, groups, the press and institutions in the United States and from around the world in the aftermath of the attacks...
- Contributor: Library of Congress - Pew Internet & American Life Project - Internet Archive (Firm) - Webarchivist.org (Organization)
- Date: 2004
Collection Items: View 2,200 Items
CollectionEthnic Heritage and Language Schools in America Project The Ethnic Heritage and Language Schools in America Project was conducted in 1982 by the American Folklife Center to survey selected religious and secular ethnic community-based schools conducted, at least in part,...
- Contributor: Long, Lucy M. - Proschan, Frank - Deak, Frank - Marks, Morton - Cech, Barbara - Leung, John - Skillman, Amy E. - McCallum, Brenda - Arocho, Rudy - Davis, Lee ... Long, Lucy M. - Proschan, Frank - Deak, Frank - Marks, Morton - Cech, Barbara - Leung, John - Skillman, Amy E. - McCallum, Brenda - Arocho, Rudy - Davis, Lee - Bromberg, Joann Berlin - American Folklife Center - Gates, Bob - Fleischhauer, Carl - Vidutis, Richard - Basa, Peter - Fast, Jana - Kloberdanz, Timothy J. - Penti, Marsha Elizabeth - McClain, Margy - Fish, Lydia M. - Baird, Scott J. - Webber, Philip E. - Bradunas, Elena - Bell, Carole O. - Tarhan, Lance - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress) - Seipel, Sandy - Topping, Brett - Feintuch, Burt - Westover, Victoria - Sacks, Maurie - Dwyer-Shick, Susan - Conklin, Nancy Faires - Miller, Jefferson - Haas, Mary-Louise - Nagy, Susan Mary
- Date: 1982
Collection Items: View 788 Items
CollectionGrabill Collection The one hundred and eighty-eight photographs sent by John C.H. Grabill to the Library of Congress for copyright protection between 1887 and 1892 are thought to be the largest surviving collection of...
- Contributor: Grabill, John C. H.
- Date: 1887
Collection Items: View 193 Items
CollectionPosters: Yanker Poster Collection The Yanker Poster Collection includes more than 3,000 political, propaganda, and social issue posters and handbills, dating 1927-1980. Most posters are from the United States, but over 55 other countries and the...
- Contributor: Yanker, Gary
- Date: 1927
Collection Items: View 5,483 Items
CollectionCalifornia as I Saw It: First-Person Narratives of California's Early Years, 1849-1900 The collection covers the dramatic decades between the Gold Rush and the turn of the twentieth century. It captures the pioneer experience; encounters between Anglo-Americans and the diverse peoples who had preceded...
Collection Items: View 207 Items
CollectionJapanese Rare Book Digital Collection The Japanese Rare Book Digital Collection features materials from the Asian Division at the Library of Congress. The division’s Japanese Rare Book Collection comprises some 6,000 titles that span diverse genres and...
- Date: 1942
Collection Items: View 37 Items
CollectionLegal Blawgs Web Archive This is a selective collection of authoritative sites (associated with American Bar Association approved law schools, research institutes, think tanks, and other expertise-based organizations) that contain unique, born digital content. These blogs...
- Contributor: Library of Congress. Law Library
- Date: 2008
Collection Items: View 239 Items
CollectionLegislative Branch Web Archive The Legislative Branch Web Archive includes a variety of websites created by Congressional groups and agencies that fall within the legislative branch. This includes websites created by Congress for specific topics or...
- Contributor: Library of Congress. Law Library - Library of Congress
- Date: 2001
Collection Items: View 101 Items
CollectionPublic Policy Topics Web Archive This collection is a selection of websites containing different viewpoints on a variety of American public policy topics. The sites in the collection were produced by domestic and some foreign political groups,...
- Contributor: Library of Congress
- Date: 2009
Collection Items: View 2,311 Items
CollectionMalaysian Elections Web Archive The Malaysian Elections Web Archive brings together a collection of websites that document the Malaysian General Elections of 2013 and 2018, and includes sites by governmental, political, ethno-religious, human rights, civil society,...
- Contributor: Library of Congress - Library of Congress. Asian Division
- Date: 2011
Collection Items: View 153 Items
CollectionProfessional Organizations for Performing Arts Web Archive The Professional Organizations for Performing Arts Web Archive contains websites and select social media to document professional networks in the performing arts over time. The collection items are those of professional, labor,...
- Contributor: Library of Congress - Library of Congress. Music Division
- Date: 2019
Collection Items: View 111 Items
CollectionJohn J. Pershing Papers The diaries, notebooks, and address books of John Joseph Pershing (1860-1948), U.S. army officer and commander-in-chief of the American Expeditionary Forces in World War I, are part of a larger collection of...
- Contributor: Pershing, John J. (John Joseph) - Pershing, Helen F. (Helen Frances)
Collection Items: View 91 Items
CollectionIraq War 2003 Web Archive On March 20, 2003, the United States began military action against Iraq for the stated purpose of deposing Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein and preventing his use of suspected nuclear weapons (weapons of...
- Contributor: Library of Congress
- Date: 2008
Collection Items: View 312 Items
CollectionLC Commissioned Composers Web Archive The Music Division has commissioned over 450 composers since 1925, and continues to do so annually. World premiere performances of these commissions usually take place on the Library of Congress Concert Series....
- Contributor: Library of Congress - Library of Congress. Music Division
- Date: 2018
Collection Items: View 258 Items
CollectionBuckaroos in Paradise: Ranching Culture in Northern Nevada, 1945-1982 Includes 41 motion pictures and 28 sound recordings, motion pictures produced from 1945 to 1965 by Leslie Stewart (owner of the Ninety-Six Ranch), 2,400 still photographs drawn from the Center's ethnographic field...
- Contributor: Library of Congress. National Digital Library Program - American Folklife Center
- Date: 1998
Collection Items: View 2,441 Items
CollectionWorld's Transportation Commission This collection contains nearly nine hundred images by American photographer William Henry Jackson. In addition to railroads, elephants, camels, horses, sleds and sleighs, sedan chairs,rickshaws, and other types of transportation, Jackson photographed...
- Contributor: Jackson, William Henry
- Date: 1894
Collection Items: View 888 Items
CollectionChicago Ethnic Arts Project Collection The Chicago Ethnic Arts Project survey was conducted in 1977 by the American Folklife Center at the request of the Illinois Arts Council to assess and document the status of ethnic art...
- Contributor: Swenson, Greta E. - Moloney, Mick - Robinson, Beverly J. - Mathias, Elizabeth - Epstein, Shifra - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress) - González, José Gamaliel - Kalčik, Susan J. - Kubose, Minnie Somi - Fleischhauer, Carl ... Swenson, Greta E. - Moloney, Mick - Robinson, Beverly J. - Mathias, Elizabeth - Epstein, Shifra - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress) - González, José Gamaliel - Kalčik, Susan J. - Kubose, Minnie Somi - Fleischhauer, Carl - Mack, James - Dovydenas, Jonas - Brzovich, Mato - Trbuhovic-Grasa, Gordana - Choi, Chungmoo - Bradunas, Elena - Fiske-Rusciano, Roberta - Bartis, Peter - Hellenberg, Antony - Klymasz, Robert Bogdan - George, Philip B. - March, Richard - American Folklife Center - Chicago Ethnic Arts Project - Libonati, Roland V. (Roland Victor) - Metcalfe, Ralph H. - Klymasz, Shirley - Lund, Jens - Illinois Arts Council
- Date: 1976
Collection Items: View 1,138 Items
CollectionCarpenter Collection The more than 15,000 images in the Frank and Frances Carpenter Collection represent the extensive photographic files assembled by Frank G. Carpenter and his daughter Frances to illustrate his popular writings on...
- Contributor: Carpenter, Frances - Carpenter, Frank G. (Frank George)
- Date: 1880
Collection Items: View 1,824 Items
CollectionFrederick Law Olmsted Papers The papers of farmer, writer, reformer, landscape architect, urban and suburban planner, and conservationist Frederick Law Olmsted (1822-1903) consist of approximately 24,000 items (roughly 47,300 images), most of which were digitized from...
- Contributor: Olmsted, Gideon - Olmsted, John - Olmsted, Frederick Law
Collection Items: View 741 Items
CollectionCartoon Drawings: Herblock Collection Herbert L. Block (1909-2001), known to the world as Herblock, was one of the most influential political commentators and editorial cartoonists in American history. His long chronicle of major social and political...
- Contributor: Block, Herbert
- Date: 1930
Collection Items: View 9,141 Items
CollectionLawrence & Houseworth Collection In 1867 the Library of Congress acquired a set of more than 900 albumen silver half stereographs published by Lawrence and Houseworth of San Francisco. The acquisition also included the third edition...
- Contributor: Lawrence & Houseworth
- Date: 1862
Collection Items: View 910 Items
CollectionOmar Ibn Said Collection The Omar Ibn Said Collection consists of 42 digitized documents in both English and Arabic, including an 1831 manuscript in Arabic on "The Life of Omar Ibn Said," a West African slave...
- Contributor: Cotheal, Alexander Isaac - Kebe, Lamine - American Bible Society - See, Sheikh Sana - Thomson, William Hanna - Bird, Isaac - American Board of Commissioners for Foreign Missions - Dukur, Muḥammad - Beard, Derrick Joshua - Library of Congress. African and Middle Eastern Division ... Cotheal, Alexander Isaac - Kebe, Lamine - American Bible Society - See, Sheikh Sana - Thomson, William Hanna - Bird, Isaac - American Board of Commissioners for Foreign Missions - Dukur, Muḥammad - Beard, Derrick Joshua - Library of Congress. African and Middle Eastern Division - American Ethnological Society - Said, Omar Ibn - Library of Congress. Rare Book and Special Collections Division - Dwight, Theodore - Omar Ibn Said Collection (Library of Congress) - Rothman, Adam
- Date: 1741
Collection Items: View 46 Items
CollectionStereograph Cards Stereographs consist of two nearly identical photographs or photomechanical prints, paired to produce the illusion of a single three-dimensional image, usually when viewed through a stereoscope. The Prints & Photographs Division's holdings...
- Contributor: H.C. White Co - Keystone View Company - American Stereoscopic Company - International Stereograph Co. - Underwood & Underwood - Rau, William Herman - Singley, B. L. (Benjamin Lloyd) - Strohmeyer & Wyman
- Date: 1860
Collection Items: View 41,030 Items
CollectionThe Danny Kaye and Sylvia Fine Collection Danny Kaye and Sylvia Fine in London American actor, singer and comedian Danny Kaye arrives with his wife, Sylvia Fine, for an appearance in London. November 1948. Following the professional lives of...
- Contributor: Dena Pictures, Inc - McDowall, Roddy - Fine, Sylvia - Halsman, Philippe - Kaye, Danny - Kaye (Danny)/FINE (Sylvia) Collection (Library of Congress)
- Date: 1918
Collection Items: View 2,054 Items
CollectionLook Collection The Look Magazine Photograph Collection is a vast photographic archive created to illustrate Look Magazine and related publications produced by companies founded by Gardner Cowles. The cataloged portion of the collection totals...
- Contributor: Cowles Communications, Inc
- Date: 1937
Collection Items: View 6,884 Items