CollectionCaptain Pearl R. Nye: Life on the Ohio and Erie Canal The collection is comprised of field recordings made by John A. Lomax in June 1937 and by Alan Lomax and Elizabeth Lomax in November, 1937 in Akron, Ohio, of songs performed by...
- Contributor: Library of Congress. National Digital Library Program - Lomax, John A. (John Avery) - Nye, Pearl R. - Archive of American Folk Song - Lomax, Alan - American Folklife Center
- Date: 1937
Collection Items: View 140 Items
Collection Items: View 11 Items
CollectionCarnegie Survey of the Architecture of the South A systematic visual record of the early buildings and gardens of nine southern states: Virginia (ca. 600 sites), North Carolina (ca. 300 sites), Georgia (ca. 250 sites), Louisiana (ca. 170 sites), Alabama...
- Contributor: Carnegie Corporation of New York - Johnston, Frances Benjamin
- Date: 1864
Collection Items: View 6,965 Items
CollectionCarpenter Collection Travel views of Africa, Asia, Europe, and North and South America, with additional locations in the Middle East, Mexico, Central America and some areas of the Caribbean. Many of the images show...
- Contributor: Carpenter, Frances - Carpenter, Frank G. (Frank George)
- Date: 1880
Collection Items: View 1,814 Items
CollectionCarrie Chapman Catt Papers Correspondence, diaries, drafts of speeches and articles, subject files, biographical papers, newspaper clippings, printed material, and other papers relating primarily to Catt's efforts on behalf of the women's suffrage movement, feminism, and...
- Contributor: Catt, Carrie Chapman
Collection Items: View 573 Items
CollectionCartoon Drawings Contains original drawings and illustrations for political, editorial, and humorous cartoons published by international cartoonists in chiefly American newspapers, magazines, and books. Focus is on politics and government, international relations, with emphasis...
- Contributor: Bartholomew, Charles Lewis - Mauldin, Bill - Johnson, Herbert - Frueh, Alfred Joseph - Berryman, Clifford Kennedy - Cesare, Oscar Edward - Kirby, Rollin - Crockett, Gib - Covarrubias, Miguel - Mahony, Felix - Conacher, John C. - Muḥaṣṣiṣ, Ardashīr - Kelly, Walt - Harrington, Oliver W. (Oliver Wendell)
- Date: 1794
Collection Items: View 5,877 Items
CollectionCartoon Drawings: Herblock Collection The archive features more than 14,000 original cartoon drawings from the first to the last years of Herbert Block's career as a pre-eminent editorial voice in American newspapers. The archive also has...
- Contributor: Block, Herbert
- Date: 1930
Collection Items: View 9,121 Items
CollectionCartoon Drawings: Swann Collection of Caricature and Cartoon Political prints and drawings, satires, caricatures, cartoon strips and panels, and periodical illustrations by more than 500 artists, most of whom are American. Includes images that reflect political and economic conditions, social...
- Contributor: Caroline and Erwin Swann Collection (Library of Congress) - Swann, Erwin
- Date: 1780
Collection Items: View 774 Items
CollectionCartoon Prints, American Political cartoons and caricatures that cover a wide range of topics from pre-revolutionary America through the presidency of Chester A. Arthur. The predominate theme is the growth and development of the political...
- Contributor: Baillie, James S. - Maurer, Louis - Magee, John L. - Bucholzer, H. - Currier & Ives - Currier, Nathaniel - Childs, John - Clay, Edward Williams - Robinson, Henry R.
- Date: 1766
Collection Items: View 819 Items
CollectionCartoon Prints, British Primarily satirical prints by British artists and/or publishers to highlight the foibles of politically and socially prominent persons. Also includes some Dutch, French, and German cartoons. Frequently depicted are members of Parliament,...
- Date: 1650
Collection Items: View 950 Items
CollectionCase Books Includes books and serials (bound volumes) that contain original visual materials such as engravings, woodcuts, lithographs, fine photogravures, and photographic prints. The illustrations are often the featured aspect of the work. Subject...
- Date: 1550
Collection Items: View 69 Items
CollectionA Century of Lawmaking for a New Nation: U.S. Congressional Documents and Debates 1774-1875 Consists of a linked set of published congressional records of the United States of America from the Continental Congress through the 43rd Congress, 1774-1875. It includes the Journals of the Continental Congress...
- Contributor: Library of Congress. National Digital Library Program - Law Library of Congress (U.S.)
- Date: 1998
CollectionCharles S. Hamlin Papers Correspondence, diaries, speeches, writings, biographical notes, scrapbooks, newspaper clippings, printed matter, and other papers relating chiefly to Hamlin's service in the U.S. Dept. of the Treasury and the Federal Reserve System; Hamlin's...
- Contributor: Hamlin, Anna - Robles, Sebastian T. (Sebastian Tomas) - Hamlin, Huybertie Pruyn - Hamlin, Charles S. (Charles Sumner)
Collection Items: View 207 Items
CollectionCharles Wellington Reed Papers, 1776 to 1926 Correspondence, diary (1864), ink and pencil sketches, watercolors, prints, lithographs, books illustrated by Reed, citations, military papers, printed material, maps, medals, photographs, and memorabilia relating to Reed's service in the 9th Massachusetts...
- Contributor: Reed, Charles Wellington
Collection Items: View 36 Items
CollectionChester Alan Arthur Papers Correspondence, financial papers, scrapbooks, clippings, and other papers relating to Arthur's presidency, his service as collector of customs for the Port of New York, and the New York Republican State Committee. Correspondents...
- Contributor: Arthur, Chester Alan
Collection Items: View 103 Items
CollectionChicago Ethnic Arts Project Collection The collection consists of sound recordings, photographs, manuscript materials, videorecordings, publications, ephemera, administrative files, and field notes produced and collected during the 1977 Chicago Ethnic Arts Project field survey from 1976-1981; but...
- Contributor: Swenson, Greta E. - Moloney, Mick - Robinson, Beverly J. - Mathias, Elizabeth - George, Philip - Epstein, Shifra - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress) - González, José Gamaliel - Kalčik, Susan J. - Kubose, Minnie Somi ... Swenson, Greta E. - Moloney, Mick - Robinson, Beverly J. - Mathias, Elizabeth - George, Philip - Epstein, Shifra - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress) - González, José Gamaliel - Kalčik, Susan J. - Kubose, Minnie Somi - Fleischhauer, Carl - Dovydenas, Jonas - Brzovich, Mato - Trbuhovic-Grasa, Gordana - Choi, Chungmoo - Bradunas, Elena - Fiske-Rusciano, Roberta - Bartis, Peter - Hellenberg, Antony - Klymasz, Robert Bogdan - March, Richard - American Folklife Center - Chicago Ethnic Arts Project - Libonati, Roland V. (Roland Victor) - Metcalfe, Ralph H. - Klymasz, Shirley - Lund, Jens - Illinois Arts Council
- Date: 1976
Collection Items: View 1,138 Items
CollectionChina-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) 2018-2020 Web Archive The China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) is part of China's "One Belt, One Road (OBOR)" initiative. OBOR's vision encompasses a geographical region that extends from the Baltics in Europe to Southeast Asia and...
- Contributor: Library of Congress - Library of Congress. Asian Division - Library of Congress. African and Middle Eastern Division
- Date: 2018
Collection Items: View 60 Items
CollectionCivil Rights History Project One hundred and forty-five filmed oral history interviews with 175 participants in the civil rights movement in the United States and related documentation, created by the National Museum of African American History...
- Contributor: Stewart, Eleanor - McDew, Charles - Hopkins, Evans D. - Magee, Clarence - Simpson, Euvester - Jones, Mary A. - Hicks, Gregory Vincent - Young, Sam - Tillow, Walter M. - Vivian, C. T. ... Stewart, Eleanor - McDew, Charles - Hopkins, Evans D. - Magee, Clarence - Simpson, Euvester - Jones, Mary A. - Hicks, Gregory Vincent - Young, Sam - Tillow, Walter M. - Vivian, C. T. - Mahone, Sam - Parker, Wheeler - Hill, Oliver W. - Anderson, Fletcher - Tillow, Kay - Dove, Samuel - Henderson, Juadine - Carlos, John - Adams-Johnson, Frankye - Funchess, Glenda - Derby, Doris Adelaide - Hicks, Robert Lawrence - Williams, Junius W. - Mulholland, Joan Trumpauer - Hrabowski, Freeman A. - Jenkins, Timothy Lionel - Jarmon, Charles - Tuttle, Rick - Library of Congress - McCarty, Michael D. - Montes, Carlos - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress) - Grinnell, Gloria Claudette - Moldovan, Alfred - Arellanes, Gloria - Ackerman, Satoko Ito - Gaither, Thomas Walter - Browner, Clifford - Suggs, Harold - Abernathy, Donzaleigh - Miller, Carolyn - Zellner, Dorothy - Burras, Carol Cummings - Crosby, Emilye - Abernathy, Ralph David - Walker, Wyatt Tee - Dahmer, Ellie J. - Holloway, Eddie A. - Zapata, Luis - McLaurin, Charles - Howell, Embry - Anderson, William G. - Saunders, William - Carter, Robert L. - Varela, Maria - Walter, Mildred Pitts - Simmons, Gwendolyn Zoharah - Hildreth, Marilyn Luper - Richardson, Gloria - Crosby, Patricia A. - Bailey, D'army - Suggs, Frances L. - Cox, Courtland - Ackerman, David M. - Greene, Freddie - Anderson, Cynthia Baker - Smith, Jeanette - Leventhal, Willy S. (Willy Siegel) - Dahmer, Vernon - Bassett, Emmett W. - Lucy, William - Hicks, Charles Ray - Young, Carrie Lamar - Dittmer, John - Carawan, Guy - Caldwell, Ben R. - Robinson, Reginald - McCullar, Johnnie Ruth - McKinney, Samuel Berry - Jones, James Oscar - Newson, Moses J. - Sales, Ruby - Greenberg, Jack - Lowery, Joseph E. - Hamilton, Audrey Nell - Bennett, Geraldine Crawford - Ulmer, Joeann Anderson - Guyot, Lawrence - Head, Rosie M. - Alexander, Roberta - Glascoe, Myrtle Gonza - Duncan, Gwendolyn Annette - Cotton, Dorothy F. - Huggins, Ericka - Dixon, Elmer - Churchville, John Elliott - Cline, David P. - Siler, Charles E. - Brown, Amos C. (Amos Cleophilus) - Sherrod, Charles - Todd, Lisa Anderson - Broadway, Louise W. - George, Virginia Simms - Luper, Calvin - Holloway, Lucius - Branch, Raylawni G. - Crosby, David L. - Cleaver, Kathleen - Hutchings, Phil - Marshall, Cecilia - Burns, Julia Matilda - Brown, Robert J. - Griffin, Willie James - Finney, Ernest A., (Ernest Adolphus) - Noonan, Martha P. - Roxborough, Mildred Bond - Dudley, John F. - King, Lonnie C. - Perry, Matthew J. (Matthew James) - Jenkins, Willie Elliot - Jackson, Gertrude Newsome - Reece, Dwandalyn R. - McNichols, Steven - Hayling, Robert Bagner - Bassett, Priscilla - Russell, Bill - Seeger, Pete - Thelwell, Michael - Patton, Gwendolyn M. - Lawrence, William M. - Howell, Joseph T. - McClary, Robert - Fuller, Linda - Walker, Theresa Ann - Hicks, Darryl Robertson - Ladner, Dorie - Bates, Scott - Bruce, Walter - Blake, Harry - Bond, Julian - Miller, Grace H. - Long, Worth W. - Carawan, Candie - Conway, Purcell Maurice - Mtume, Norma - Paysour, Lafleur - National Museum of African American History and Culture (U.S.) - Williams, Cecil J. - Diamond, Dion T. - Mosnier, Joseph - Robinson, Betty Garman - Lawson, Jennifer - Guster, Leesco - Moore, E. Maynard - Ladner, Joyce A. - Miller, James E. - Branch, Taylor - Terry, Esther M. A. - Civil Rights History Project (U.S.) - Jeffries, Hasan Kwame - Sellers, Cleveland - Hicks, Valeria Payton - Rosenberg, Jean Voelker - Strickland, William - Jenkins, Mary F. - Becton, Julius W. (Julius Wesley) - Richardson, Judy - Connor, Peggy Jean - Rosenberg, John M. - Sobol, Anne Buxton - Wright, Simeon - Collins, Barbara Maria - Sherrod, Shirley - Booker, Simeon - Dixon, Aaron Floyd - Sullivan, Patricia - Howard, Elbert - Bishop, John Melville - Taylor, Kieran Walsh - American Folklife Center - Jones, Jamila - Jones, Clarence - Geiger, Jack - Jones, Nathaniel Hawthorne - Vickers, Barbara Edna - Breaux, Toni - Camarillo, Mateo - Clark, Robert George - Brown, Harold K. - Avery, Annie Pearl - Holloway, Emma Kate - Sobol, Richard - Abernathy, Juandalynn R. - Southern Oral History Program
- Date: 2010
Collection Items: View 157 Items
CollectionCivil War Images depict military personnel and facilities, primarily from a Union perspective. Includes the main Eastern theater, the federal navy and seaborne expeditions against the Atlantic Coast of the Confederacy, the war in...
- Contributor: O'Sullivan, Timothy H. - Brady, Mathew - Barnard, George N. - Gibson, James F. - Gardner, Alexander - Smith, William Morris
- Date: 1860
Collection Items: View 16,075 Items
CollectionCivil War Maps Civil War Maps brings together materials from three premier collections: the Library of Congress Geography and Map Division, the Virginia Historical Society, and the Library of Virginia. Among the reconnaissance, sketch, and...
- Contributor: Library of Congress. National Digital Library Program - Library of Congress. Geography and Map Division - Virginia Historical Society - Library of Virginia
- Date: 1999
Collection Items: View 2,338 Items
CollectionCivil War Soldier in the Wild Cat Regiment : Selections from the Tilton C. Reynolds Papers Chiefly letters written by Reynolds to his mother, Juliana Smith Reynolds, during his service with the 105th Pennsylvania Infantry Regiment that describe Civil War skirmishes in Virginia, military life, and morale of...
- Contributor: Reynolds, Tilton C. - Reynolds, Juliana Smith
Collection Items: View 174 Items
CollectionClara Barton Papers Correspondence, diaries and journals, reports, addresses, legal and financial papers, organizational records, lectures, writings, scrapbooks, biographical material, printed matter, memorabilia, and other papers relating to Barton's work to provide relief services during...
- Contributor: Barton, Clara
Collection Items: View 939 Items
CollectionCollege Women's Association of Japan Print Show Collection Prints showing a variety of subjects and abstract designs from the College Women's Association of Japan 50th anniversary print show at theTokyo American Club, Tokyo, Japan, October 21-23, 2005.
- Contributor: College Women's Association of Japan
- Date: 1987
Collection Items: View 214 Items
CollectionColorado Folklife Project Collection Collection of field recordings, photographs, drawings, and field notes from a limited field survey or consultancy demonstrating folkloristic methodology and the particulars of research on local history, material culture, and vernacular architecture,...
- Contributor: Natanson, Barbara Orbach - American Folklife Center - Emrich, Ron - Dettmer, Elke - Marshall, Howard W. - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress)
- Date: 1980
Collection Items: View 130 Items
CollectionComics Literature and Criticism Web Archive This collection includes various forms of comics literature and criticism, such as blogs and other online publication platforms, to preserve contemporary discussion regarding this format/genre/subject in its various forms (comic books, comic...
- Contributor: Library of Congress - Library of Congress. Serial & Government Publications Division
- Date: 2018
Collection Items: View 33 Items
CollectionConfederate States of America Records Correspondence, proclamations, messages of the president, court cases, minute books, docket books, customs records, financial papers, letterbooks, orders, reports, accounts, receipts, and other records relating to the formulation of the government of...
- Contributor: Confederate States of America. Post-Office Department - Confederate States of America. War Department - Confederate States of America. Department of the Treasury - Confederate States of America. Department of Justice - Confederate States of America - Confederate States of America. Army of Tennessee - Confederate States of America. Department of State - Wadsworth, James Wolcott - Confederate States of America. Navy
Collection Items: View 73 Items
CollectionCoptic Orthodox Liturgical Chant and Hymnody The collection consists of transcriptions (14 volumes) of Coptic chant by Ernest Newlandsmith and Margit Toth; audio tapes of Coptic chants recorded by Moftah between 1940 and 1985 (with the bulk recorded...
- Contributor: Wilson, Marian Robertson - Newlandsmith, Ernest - Moftah, Ragheb - Tóth, Margit
- Date: 1926
Collection Items: View 339 Items
CollectionCrisis in Darfur 2006 Web Archive Selective collection of 216 Web sites, archived from March 20, 2006 to Nov. 20, 2006, relating to the humanitarian crisis in Darfur, Sudan. The archived sites are international in scope, and include...
- Contributor: Library of Congress
- Date: 2006
Collection Items: View 220 Items
CollectionCurtis (Edward S.) Collection The collection includes a large number of individual or group portraits, as well as traditional and ceremonial dress, dwellings and other structures, agriculture, arts and crafts, rites and ceremonies, dances, games, food...
- Contributor: Curtis, Edward S.
- Date: 1899
Collection Items: View 1,074 Items
CollectionDaguerreotypes The majority of the daguerreotypes are portraits by American photographers, including many by Mathew Brady's studio and the first American daguerreotype, made by Robert Cornelius. The collection also includes some early architectural...
- Contributor: Washington, Augustus - Cornelius, Robert - Anson, Rufus - Brady, Mathew
- Date: 1839
Collection Items: View 865 Items
CollectionThe Danny Kaye and Sylvia Fine Collection The collection includes manuscript and printed music, scripts, correspondence, business and financial papers, promotional and publicity materials, speeches, oral history transcripts, photographs and iconography, programs, posters, clippings, honors, and realia. Music, in...
- Contributor: Dena Pictures, Inc - McDowall, Roddy - Fine, Sylvia - Halsman, Philippe - Kaye, Danny - Kaye (Danny)/FINE (Sylvia) Collection (Library of Congress)
- Date: 1918
Collection Items: View 2,054 Items
CollectionDayton C. Miller Collection It appears that Miller's philosophy of collecting was simple, practical, and all-inclusive. The collection contains, for example, several Asian, Native American, and other specimens which, although in effect real instruments, appear to...
- Contributor: Miller, Dayton Clarence
- Date: 1880
Collection Items: View 1,852 Items