CollectionIllinois political campaign of 1858. Scrapbook of newspaper clippings assembled and mounted by Mr. Lincoln as a manuscript for publication. Contains the texts of the Lincoln-Douglas debates, speeches, and correspondence of Lincoln and Douglas published in newspaper accounts (primarily the Chicago Press & Tribune and the Chicago Times) between June 17 and Oct. 15, 1858. The title, captions, most notes and corrections said to be in Lincoln's hand. Other...
- Contributor: Lincoln, Abraham - Douglas, Stephen A. (Stephen Arnold) - Alfred Whital Stern Collection of Lincolniana (Library of Congress)
- Date: 1858
View 203 Results
Book/Printed MaterialScrap book on law and politics, men and times A collection of speeches. Sabin 71951 LC copy has "Contents," p. -404, incorrectly placed between second prelim. leaf and p. 1. Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site. Also available in digital form on the Internet Archive Web site. With accompanying material: "Copies of transcription of Lincoln letter bound in Robertson volume."
- Contributor: Robertson, George - Lincoln, Abraham - Lincoln Collection (Library of Congress) - Alfred Whital Stern Collection of Lincolniana (Library of Congress)
- Date: 1855
View 423 Pages
Photo, Print, Drawing$100,000 reward! The murderer of our late beloved President, Abraham Lincoln, is still at large Broadside advertising reward for capture of Lincoln assassination conspirators, illustrated with photographic prints of John H. Surratt, John Wilkes Booth, and David E. Herold.
- Date: 1865
Book/Printed MaterialMiscegenation; the theory of the blending of the races, applied to the American white man and negro. Attributed by Sabin, in his Dictionary, to D. G. Croty, George Wakeman, and E. C. Howell. Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site.
- Contributor: Croly, David G. (David Goodman) - Alfred Whital Stern Collection of Lincolniana (Library of Congress) - Croly, David G.
- Date: 1864
View 91 Pages
Book/Printed MaterialEnglish grammar in familiar lectures : accompanied by a compendium : embracing a new systematick order of parsing, a new system of punctuation, exercises in false syntax, and a key to the ... L.C. copy imperfect: fold. table (containing the compendium) wanting. "The words, 'Ann M. Rutledge is now learning grammar,' were written [on t.p. of present L.C. copy] by Lincoln. The order on James Rutledge to pay David P. Nelson thirty dollars, and signed 'A. Lincoln for D. Offutt' ... was pasted upon the front cover of the book by Robert Rutledge."-- I. M. Tarbell, The...
- Contributor: Kirkham, Samuel - Alfred Whital Stern Collection of Lincolniana (Library of Congress)
- Date: 1828
View 198 Pages
Book/Printed MaterialA catalog of the Alfred Whital Stern Collection of Lincolniana. Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site.
- Contributor: Library of Congress - Stern, Alfred Whital
- Date: 1960
View 522 Pages