CollectionIllinois political campaign of 1858. Scrapbook of newspaper clippings assembled and mounted by Mr. Lincoln as a manuscript for publication. Contains the texts of the Lincoln-Douglas debates, speeches, and correspondence of Lincoln and Douglas published in newspaper accounts (primarily the Chicago Press & Tribune and the Chicago Times) between June 17 and Oct. 15, 1858. The title, captions, most notes and corrections said to be in Lincoln's hand. Other ...
- Contributor: Lincoln, Abraham - Douglas, Stephen A. (Stephen Arnold) - Alfred Whital Stern Collection of Lincolniana (Library of Congress)
- Date: 1858
View 203 Results
Book/Printed MaterialScrap book on law and politics, men and times A collection of speeches. Sabin 71951 LC copy has "Contents," p. -404, incorrectly placed between second prelim. leaf and p. 1. Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site. With accompanying material: "Copies of transcription of Lincoln letter bound in Robertson volume."
- Contributor: Robertson, George - Lincoln, Abraham - Lincoln Collection (Library of Congress) - Alfred Whital Stern Collection of Lincolniana (Library of Congress)
- Date: 1855
View 423 Pages
Photo, Print, Drawing$100,000 reward! The murderer of our late beloved President, ... Broadside advertising reward for capture of Lincoln assassination conspirators, illustrated with photographic prints of John H. Surratt, John Wilkes Booth, and David E. Herold.
- Date: 1865
Book/Printed MaterialMiscegenation; the theory of the blending of the races, appli... Attributed by Sabin, in his Dictionary, to D. G. Croty, George Wakeman, and E. C. Howell. Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site.
- Contributor: Croly, David G. (David Goodman) - Alfred Whital Stern Collection of Lincolniana (Library of Congress) - Croly, David G.
- Date: 1864
View 91 Pages
Book/Printed MaterialEnglish grammar in familiar lectures : accompanied by a compe... L.C. copy imperfect: fold. table (containing the compendium) wanting. "The words, 'Ann M. Rutledge is now learning grammar,' were written [on t.p. of present L.C. copy] by Lincoln. The order on James Rutledge to pay David P. Nelson thirty dollars, and signed 'A. Lincoln for D. Offutt' ... was pasted upon the front cover of the book by Robert Rutledge."-- I. M. Tarbell, The ...
- Contributor: Kirkham, Samuel - Alfred Whital Stern Collection of Lincolniana (Library of Congress)
- Date: 1828
View 198 Pages
CollectionA catalog of the Alfred Whital Stern collection of Lincolniana. Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site.
- Contributor: Library of Congress - Stern, Alfred Whital
- Date: 1960
View 522 Pages
Notated MusicAbraham Lincoln's funeral march composed by C. H. Bach.
Lincoln's funeral march For piano. Catalog of the Alfred Whital Stern collection of Lincolniana, item 4832 Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site. Has stamp: Copyright Library 6 June 1867. Handwritten on cover: "34626", "177. Deposited Dec 28 1865."
- Contributor: Bach, C. H. - Bach, Christoph
- Date: 1865
View 5 Results