Collection Civil War Maps
Results: 1-7 of 7 | Refined by: Part of: Civil War Maps Remove Contributor: United States. War Department Remove
BookThe War of the Rebellion: a compilation of the official records of the Union and Confederate armies.
Official records of the Union and Confederate armies Found also in the House Miscellaneous documents of the 52d to the 56th Congress. Each number has special index. Inserted in each volume: Additions and corrections ... Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1902. Series 1, v. 1-53, series 3, v. 1-5, and series 4, v. 1-3 include "Alternate designations of organizations mentioned." Vol. 54-55 of series 1 [serial no. 112-113] "have not been published, and ...
- Contributor: United States. War Department - Scott, Robert N. (Robert Nicholson) - Lazelle, H. M. (Henry Martyn) - Davis, George (George Breckenridge) - Perry, Leslie J. - Kirkley, Joseph W. (Joseph William) - Ainsworth, Fred C. (Fred Crayton) - Moodey, John S. (John Sheldon) - Cowles, Calvin D. (Calvin Duvall) - United States. War Records Office - United States. Record and Pension Office - United States. Congress. House
- Date: 1880
View 203 Pages
MapMilitary maps of the war of the Rebellion-miscellaneous, [1865-1879]. LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 100 Description derived from published bibliography. Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image. Relief shown by hachures and spot heights on some maps. Depths shown by contours on some maps. Title from cover (on mounted label). Maps dated from 1865 to 1879. Bound collection of maps presented to the Library of Congress by ...
- Contributor: United States. War Department - Townsend, C. McD. (Curtis McDonald)
- Date: 1879
View 29 Results
MapAtlas of the war of the Rebellion giving Union and Confederate armies by actual surveys by the Union and Confederate engineers, and approved by the officers in command, of all the maps ...
Rebellion atlas Relief shown by contours, shading, and hachures on some maps. "This volume will contain over seven hundred maps, showing all the battle-fields from 1861-to 1865." "Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1892, by J.A. Caldwell, in the office of the Librarian of Congress, at Washington." This atlas comprises the first 40 plates of the U.S. War Department's Atlas to Accompany the ...
- Contributor: United States. War Department - Davis, George (George Breckenridge) - Cowles, Calvin D. (Calvin Duvall) - Caldwell, J. A. (John Alexander)
- Date: 1892
View 51 Results
MapAtlas of the battlefield of Antietam, prepared under the direction of the Antietam Battlefield Board, lieut. col. Geo. W. Davis, U.S.A., president, gen. E.A. Carman, U.S.V., gen. H Heth, C.S.A. Surveyed by ... Relief shown by contour lines. Indicates roads and streets, houses, names of residents, fences, vegetation, drainage, bridges, and fords. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. Phillips, 10685 LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), 248
- Contributor: United States. War Department
- Date: 1908
View 18 Results
MapMap of fortifications and defenses of Washington. In left lower margin: Taken from a map issued by the War Department in 1865. In left upper margin: Appendix A. LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.) 682 Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. LC copy mounted on cloth backing. DCP
- Contributor: Hodasevich, R. A. - United States. War Department
- Date: 1865
MapIllustrative map of battle-grounds of August 28th, 29th & 30th, 1862, in the vicinity of Groveton, Prince William Co., Va. : of counsel for the government, chiefly from the survey made under ... Scale ca. 1:22,500. LC copy annotated in ink on verso: Maj. Gardner's map, adopted by Gen. Logan & by Gen. Cox. Relief shown by contours and hachures. "No. 1." "W. Boell, photo-lih. [sic] Phila." LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.) 572.8 Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. From the papers of Joseph Roswell Hawley. Includes note. Accompanied ...
- Contributor: McCrary, George W. (George Washington) - Hawley, Joseph R. (Joseph Roswell) - United States. War Department
- Date: 1878
MapMap illustrating the siege of Atlanta, Ga., by the U.S. forces under command of Maj. Gen. W.T. Sherman, from the passage of Peach Tree Creek, July 19th 1864, to the commencement of ... Partial cadastral map showing selected buildings and householders' names beyond city limits. Covers area extending from Mt. Gilead Church in west to Decatur in east and from Buckhead in north to East Point in south. Relief shown by hachures and spot heights. Shows troop positions, Union and Confederate works, roads, railroads, vegetation, drainage, and names, dates, and sites of battles connected with Atlanta Campaign. ...
- Contributor: Poe, O. M. (Orlando Metcalfe) - Sherman, William T. (William Tecumseh) - Molitor, E. - Delafield, Richard - United States. War Department - Poe, O. M.
- Date: 1864