Book/Printed MaterialM. Blundeuile his exercises : containing eight treatises, the titles whereof are set down in the ...
M. Blvndevile his exercises | M. Blundevile his exercises Each treatise, except that on arithmetic, has a special title page. Signatures: A-3B⁸ 3C⁸(-C5,6,7,8+chi⁴) 3D-3E⁸. The chi cancellans signed "Bbb3", "Bbb4". Pages 761-768 on cancellans foliated 371, 372, 375, 374. Kraus, H.P....
- Contributor: Blundeville, Thomas - Mercator, Gerhard - Plancius, Petrus - Blagrave, John - Stansby, William - Hans and Hanni Kraus Sir Francis Drake Collection (Library of Congress) - English Printing Collection (Library of Congress)
- Date: 1613
View 830 Pages
Book/Printed MaterialTychonis Brahe Dani Epistolarum astronomicarum libri : quorum primus hic illustriss. et laudatiss. principis Gulielmi Hassiae ... Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site. This volume contains correspondence in Latin and German with Landgrave Wilhelm and his astronomer Christopher Rothmann. Subsequent volumes were never...
- Contributor: Brahe, Tycho - Wilhelm IV - Rothmann, Christoph
- Date: 1601
View 359 Pages
Book/Printed MaterialSidereus nuncius : magna longeque admirabilia spectacula pandens, suspiciendaque proponens vnicuique, praesertim verò philosophis atq[ue] astronomis, ...
Obseruat. sidereae recens habitae | Siderevs nvncivs | Sidereus nuntius Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site. Signatures: A-C⁴ D⁶ E-G⁴. Contains both woodcut and engraved illustrations; moon illustrations from Galileo's own drawings. Vendor: Jonathan A. Hill.
- Contributor: Galilei, Galileo - Baglioni, Tommaso
- Date: 1610
View 68 Pages
Book/Printed MaterialTabvlæ Rudolphinæ, qvibvs astronomicæ scientiæ, temporum longinquitate collapsæ restauratio continetur; a ... Tychone, ex illustri ... Sportula genethliacis (p. 121-125) and Notæ ( p.) with imprint: Typis Saganensibus, 1629, and the map by Philipp Eckebrecht, with imprint: Norimbergae, Sculpsit J.P. Walch, 1630, were added after publication fo the...
- Contributor: Kepler, Johannes - Brahe, Tycho - Eckebrecht, Philipp - Lessing J. Rosenwald Collection (Library of Congress)
- Date: 1627
View 283 Pages
Book/Printed MaterialThe discovery of a vvorld in the moone, or, A discourse tending to prove that 'tis ...
Discovery of a new world | Discovery of a world in the moone, or, A discourse tending to prove that 'tis probable there may be another habitable world in that planet | Discovery of a vvorld in the moone | Discourse tending to prove that 'tis probable there may be another habitable world in that planet Error in paging: 207-208 repeated. Signatures: A⁴ B-O⁸ P⁴. STC (2nd ed.) 25640.5 LC copy has inscription: C. Townson. Special Files Project; vb32 01-11-2008
- Contributor: Wilkins, John - Griffin, Edward - Sparke, Michael - Forrest, Edward - English Printing Collection (Library of Congress)
- Date: 1638
View 241 Pages
Book/Printed MaterialIstoria e dimostrazioni intorno alle macchie solari e loro accidenti comprese in tre lettere scritte all'illvstrissimo ... Edited by Angelo de Filiis. Includes four letters from Weiser to Galilei. Library of Congress. Lessing J. Rosenwald collection, 1340 Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site.
- Contributor: Galilei, Galileo - Welser, Marcus - Filiis, Angelo De - Lessing J. Rosenwald Collection (Library of Congress)
- Date: 1613
View 177 Pages
Book/Printed MaterialIl saggiatore nel quale con bilancia esquisita e giusta siponderano le cose contenute nella Libra astronomica ... Engraved title within architectural border, the arms of Urban VIII in the upper panel, the Lincei device in the lower. Engraved illustrations and diagrams. Title and portrait of Galilei engraved by Francesco...
- Contributor: Galilei, Galileo - Faber, Johannes - Stelluti, Francesco - Villamena, Francesca - Accademia Dei Lincei
- Date: 1623
View 257 Pages