The Olmsted Family
Brief identification of selected individuals in the genealogy of Frederick Law Olmsted, Sr.
- John Olmsted (1791-1873)
- Charlotte Law Hull (1800-1826) married John Olmsted in June 1821. The young mother of two died due to an overdose in 1826.
- The children born to John and Charlotte Law Olmsted were Frederick Law Olmsted (1822-1903) and John Hull Olmsted (1825-1857).
- Mary Ann Bull (1801-1894) became the second wife of John Olmsted in April 1827.
- The children born to John and Mary Ann Olmsted were Charlotte, Mary, Owen, Bertha, Ada, and Albert Olmsted.
- John Hull Olmsted married Mary Cleveland Perkins (1830-1921) in 1851.
- Nephews and niece
- The children born to John Hull Olmsted and Mary Cleveland Perkins Olmsted were:
John Charles Olmsted (1852-1920)
Charlotte Olmsted (1855-1908)
Owen Frederick Olmsted (1857-1881)
- Frederick Law Olmsted married his brother's widow, Mary Cleveland Perkins Olmsted, in 1859
- In marrying Mary, Frederick Law Olmsted, took on the role of father to her children, his nephews John Charles Olmsted and Owen Frederick Olmsted, and niece Charlotte Olmsted [Bryant].
- The children born to Frederick Law Olmsted and Mary Cleveland Perkins Olmsted were:
John Theodore Olmsted (born and died 1860)
Marion Olmsted (1861-1948)
Infant son (born and died 1866)
Frederick Law Olmsted, Jr. (1870-1957) (known as "Rick")