Collection The Library of Congress Celebrates the Songs of America
Notated MusicO God, my heart is ready motet for mixed voices a cappella, op. 17 vocal score | 1 score (35 p.) ; 28 cm. | the text from the Psalms ; music by Arthur Whiting. (Statement Of Responsibility). For mixed chorus (SSATBB), unaccompanied. Photocopy. [S.l. : s.n., 2010] acquire 1 shelf copy [policy default] (Selection Decision). Vocal Score (Form). Print (Form).
- Contributor: G. Schirmer - Whiting, Arthur
- Date: 1899
View 36 Results
CollectionLos Texmaniacs, traditional conjunto dance music from Texas, Video recording, sound recording, and photographs of a concert in the Coolidge Auditorium, Library of Congress on September 11, 2013 as part of the Homegrown concert series sponsored by the American Folklife Center. Los Texmaniacs founder Max Baca is a renowned innovator on the bajo sexto, a twelve-string Mexican guitar, which customarily provides rhythm accompaniment for the button accordion, creating the core of the ...
- Contributor: Texas Folklife (Organization) - Texmaniacs (Musical Group) - American Folklife Center - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress) - John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts (U.S.). Millennium Stage
- Date: 2013
Film, VideoThe southern journey of Alan Lomax : words, photographs, and music,
American Folklife Center lecture, 2013-02-20 Tom Piazza discussed his new book, The Southern Journey of Alan Lomax: Words, Photographs, and Music, on February 20, 2013, in a lecture sponsored by Library of Congress Center for the Book and the American Folklife Center. The book was published by the Library of Congress in association with W.W. Norton & Company in 2013, with an introduction by folklorist William R. Ferris, and ...
- Contributor: Piazza, Tom - Library of Congress. Center for the Book - American Folklife Center
- Date: 2013
CollectionOla Belle Reed and Southern Mountain Music on the Mason-Dixon Line concert and symposium, Catalog Record - Electronic Resource Available In celebration of the legacy of the pioneering old-time musician Ola Belle Reed (1916-2002), Reed's son Dave Reed, her nephew Hugh J. Campbell, and members of the acclaimed bluegrass band Danny Paisley and Southern Grass performed bluegrass and gospel songs in the Coolidge Auditorium on September 9, 2015. A symposium program, chaired by Betsy Peterson, Director, American Folklife Center on Sept. 10 included Clifford ...
- Contributor: Campbell, Hugh Jones - Glassie, Henry - Ledbetter, Steven Lance - Lundy, Tj - Murphy, Clifford R. - McCoury, Del - McCoury, Rob - McCoury, Ronnie - Paisley, Danny - Paisley, Michael ... Campbell, Hugh Jones - Glassie, Henry - Ledbetter, Steven Lance - Lundy, Tj - Murphy, Clifford R. - McCoury, Del - McCoury, Rob - McCoury, Ronnie - Paisley, Danny - Paisley, Michael - Paisley, Ryan - Peach, Douglas Dowling - Peterson, Betsy - Reed, David Arthur - Riale, Frances Mann - Turner, Jessica Anderson - Southern Grass (Musical Group) - National Council for the Traditional Arts - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress)
- Date: 2015
CollectionAn-sky Yiddish Heritage Ensemble (discussion) Oral history discussion and interview with the four members of the An-sky Yiddish Heritage Ensemble, led by Ensemble member Pete Rushefsky. Participants are Ethel Raim, Michael Alpert, Pete Rushefsky and Jake Shulman-Ment. The interview was conducted at the Library of Congress on the day of the group's performance in the American Folklife Center's Homegrown 2013 concert series on June 25, 2013. Inspired by the ...
- Contributor: An-Sky Yiddish Heritage Ensemble - American Folklife Center - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress)
- Date: 2013
Film, VideoOral History with Harmonia Band
Oral history with Harmonia band Members of "Harmonia" discuss the band's origins and the traditional folk music of Eastern Europe.
- Contributor: Austen, Theadocia Millich - Harmonia (Musical Group) - American Folklife Center
- Date: 2013-07-11
Film, VideoOral History with Traditional Artist Flory Jagoda
Oral history with traditional artist Flory Jagoda In this interview with Howard Bass, singer and composer Flory Jagoda discusses her family and her life before, during, and after the Second World War and the influence these experiences had on her singing and songwriting.
- Contributor: Jagoda, Flory - Bass, Howard - American Folklife Center
- Date: 2013-11-20