Microfilm Editions of Primary Documents and Indexes
The microfilm edition of the William Henry Harrison Papers in the Manuscript Division of the Library of Congress (not including additions) was prepared in 1959. Comprised of 3 reels, it is indexed in the Index to the William H. Harrison Papers (Washington, D.C.: 1960), part of the President’s Papers Index Series. The index is available online in PDF format and Page View versions.
Selected Related Manuscript Collections at the Library of Congress
- Henry Clay Family Papers. Finding aid available in HTML and PDF versions.
- Duff Green Papers. Finding aid available in HTML and PDF versions.
- Benjamin Harrison Papers. Finding aid available in HTML and PDF versions.
- William C. Rives Papers. Finding aid available in HTML and PDF versions.
- John Tyler Papers. Finding aid available in HTML and PDF versions.
Books and Articles
- Cleaves, Freeman. Old Tippecanoe. Newtown, Conn.: American Political Biography Press, 1990.
- Collins, Gail. William Henry Harrison. New York: Henry Holt & Co. (Times Books), 2012.
- Durfee, David A., ed. and comp. William Henry Harrison, 1773-1841; John Tyler, 1790-1862; Chronology, Documents, Bibliographic Aids. Dobbs Ferry, N.Y.: Oceana Publications, 1970.
- Esarey, Logan, ed. Messages and Letters of William Henry Harrison. 1922. 2 vols. New York: Arno Press, 1975.
- Goebel, Dorothy Burne. William Henry Harrison. Indianapolis: Historical Bureau of the Indiana Library and Historical Department, 1926.
- Green, James. William Henry Harrison: His Life and Times. Richmond, Va.: Garret and Massie, 1941.
- Gunderson, Robert Gray. The Log-Cabin Campaign. Westport, Conn.: Greenwood Press, 1977.
- Holt, Michael F. The Rise and Fall of the American Whig Party. New York: Oxford University Press, 1999.
- Howe, Daniel Walker. What Hath God Wrought: The Transformation of America, 1815-1848. New York: Oxford University Press, 2007.
- Owens, Robert. Mr. Jefferson’s Hammer: William Henry Harrison and the Origins of American Indian Policy. Norman: University of Oklahoma Press, 2007.
- Sugden, John. Tecumseh: A Life. New York: Henry Holt, 1998.
- American President: William Henry Harrison. Miller Center of Public Affairs, University of Virginia External
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress: William Henry Harrison
- Cunningham, Lillian. “On Leadership: The White House Killed William Henry Harrison.” Washington Post Presidential Leadership podcast (first broadcast March 6, 2016). External
- The Grouseland Foundation: Indiana Territorial Home of William Henry Harrison External
- Grouseland, William Henry Harrison House and Museum, Vincennes, Indiana. National Historic Landmark, National Park Service.
- McHugh, Jane, and Mackowiack, Philip A. “What Really Killed William Henry Harrison?” External New York Times, March 31, 2014.
- Ohio History Central External
- Ohio History Connection: William Henry Harrison’s Tomb External