The photographs were made on a trip that followed the route indicated below. One photograph -- a portrait of the members of the commission -- was made en route at an unspecified location.
The place names below are given according to the modern forms used in the cataloging. The names in parentheses are the names used at the time of the commission's trip.
- North Africa
- Sri Lanka (formerly Ceylon)
- Pakistan (formerly part of India)
- Bangladesh (formerly part of India)
- Indonesia (called Java by the commission)
- Thailand (formerly Siam)
- Tasmania (part of Australia)
- New Zealand
- Hong Kong and Macao
- Russia (images of Siberia and Manchuria)