SATURDAY, APRIL 24, 2021
Don't Miss - On this page: Concert, Conversations, Downloadable Program and Other Resources.
Educational Videos & Conversation with the Artist
NEA Jazz Master and two-time GRAMMY award-winning drummer, composer, producer, and educator, Terri Lyne Carrington is the 2021 Library of Congress Jazz Scholar. Accompanied by pianist Kris Davis and bassist Linda May Han Oh, Carrington’s all-women-composer program, The New Standards, features music written by stellar musicians including Esperanza Spalding, Maria Schneider, and Geri Allen. As part of her residency, Carrington shares her talent in five educational videos on the elements of jazz drumming. Finally, she engages in a dynamic conversation with a Library curator about her successful career in the jazz world.
Presented in cooperation with the Revada Foundation of the Logan family.
Other ways to watch ...
Explore Related Collections and Resources
- Art Blakey, drummer (photograph)
- Portrait of Gene Krupa, 400 Restaurant, New York, N.Y., ca. June 1946 (photograph)
- Portrait of Max Roach, Three Deuces, New York, N.Y., ca. Oct. 1947 (photograph)
- New LibGuides highlight the Music Division’s Jazz collections (blog post)
- Gottlieb Jazz Photos on LC Flickr (photographs)
Be sure to check this page for additional content, including conversations with the artists, program notes, links to Library resources and more!