We want the festival to be fun for everyone! If you need assistance, there will be two Accessibility Stations, located in the Grand Foyer of the South Building on the Street Level, and the other located on the street level in the Lobby of the North Building. At the Accessibility & Information stations, you can find access to ASL interpreters, assistive listening devices (ALDs), braille programs and other accessibility services. Please email ADA@loc.gov with any accessibility questions or requests for accommodations.
- Download the contracted braille file of the 2022 National Book Festival program
- Download the contracted braille file of the 2022 National Book Festival map
- ASL interpreting services will be provided in all author stages during scheduled events and interpreters will also be available at the Accessibility Stations.
- Assistive Listening Devices (ALDs) will be available for use on all stages. On the Main Stage and the Expo Floor, the Assistive Listening Systems are FM Assistive Listening systems, while the other stages utilize the Convention Center's Infrared Assistive Listening System. There will be both over-ear headsets as well as neckloops compatible with t-coil hearing aids available for all stages. For the main stage, the ALDs should be picked up on the Main Stage and returned before leaving the Main Stage. For the Expo Floor stages, the ALDs can be picked up from the tech tables at the Please Read Me a Story and KidLit stages. For all other stages, the ALDs are available to be checked out from the Accessibility Station in the Grand Foyer.
- Information on architectural accessibility for the Convention Center, including the location of curb cut-outs, ramps, elevators and restrooms can be found at https://www.eventsdc.com/venue/walter-e-washington-convention-center/accessibility External.
- Wheelchairs will be available on a first-come first-served basis for visitors to check out and use during the festival. They will be available directly from the Convention Center at the Mt. Vernon Place Information Desk in the Grand Lobby, Street Level. A photo ID will be required to obtain a wheelchair.
- Captioning will be provided through CART on all stages and will be accessible both on screen as well as on your personal device, such as a smartphone. In order to access the captioning from your personal device, please utilize the links below for the stage you are attending:
|Main Stage||https://das.1capapp.com/event/main External|
|Please Read Me a Story||https://das.1capapp.com/event/prmas External|
|Young Adult||https://das.1capapp.com/event/young External|
|History & Biography||https://das.1capapp.com/event/history External|
|Pop Lit||https://das.1capapp.com/event/poplit External|
|Science Fiction & Fantasy||https://das.1capapp.com/event/science External|
|Society & Culture||https://das.1capapp.com/event/society External|
|Writers Studio||https://das.1capapp.com/event/writers External|
|Library of Congress Stage||https://das.1capapp.com/event/loc External|