Events & Resources
Library of Congress Exhibitions
- American Beauties: Drawings from the Golden Age of Illustration
- Humor's Edge: Cartoons by Ann Telnaes
- A Petal from the Rose: Illustrations by Elizabeth Shippen Green
- Caroline and Erwin Swann Memorial Exhibition
- The Water-Babies, Illustrations by Jessie Willcox Smith
Other Library of Congress Online Resources
- Caroline and Erwin Swann Foundation for Caricature and Cartoon
- Art Wood Collection of Cartoon and Caricature
Additional works of art by other editorial cartoonists are available via the Prints and Photographs Online Catalog.
Read More About It
- Donnelly, Liza. Funny Ladies: The New Yorker's Greatest Women Cartoonists and Their Cartoons. Amherst, NY: Prometheus Books, 2005.
- Hess, Stephen and Sandy Northrop. American Political Cartoons: The Evolution of a National Identity, 1754–2010. Montgomery, AL: Elliott & Clark Publishing, 1996. First Transaction Edition, 2011.
- Kennedy, Martha H. Drawn to Purpose: American Women Illustrators and Cartoonist. Jackson, MS: University Press of Mississippi in association with the Library of Congress, Spring, 2018.
- Larson, Judy K. American Illustration: 1890–1925: Romance, Adventure & Suspense. Calgary: Glenbow Museum, 1996.
- Robbins, Trina. Pretty in Ink: North American Women Cartoonists, 1896–2013. Seattle: Fantagraphics Books, 2013.
- Margaret E. Wagner. Maxfield Parrish and the Illustrators of the Golden Age. San Francisco: Pomegranate, 2000.
- Reed, Walt. The Illustrator in America,1860–2000. New York: Society of Illustrators, 2001.
- Robbins, Trina. Pretty in Ink: North American Women Cartoonists, 1896-2013. Seattle: Fantagraphics Books, 2013.