- Coffman, Edward M. The War to End All Wars: The American Military Experience in World War I. New York: Oxford University Press, 1968.
- Fussel, Paul. The Great War and Modern Memory. 25th anniversary ed. New York, Oxford University Press, 2000.
- Kennedy, David M. Over Here: The First World War and American Society. New York: Oxford University Press, 1980.
- Schneider, Dorothy and Carl J. Schneider. Into the Breach: American Women Overseas in World War I. New York: Viking, 1991.
- Brokaw, Tom. The Greatest Generation. New York: Random House, 1998.
- Keegan, John. The Second World War. New York: Viking, 1990.
- Hartmann, Susan M. The Home Front and Beyond: American Women in the 1940s. 1982.
- Larabee, Benjamin, et al. America and the Sea: A Maritime History. Mystic, Conneticut: Mystic Seaport Publications, 1998.
- The Library of Congress Veterans History Project, Thomas J. Weiner. Voices of War: Stories of Service from the Home and the Front Lines. Washington, DC: National Geographic. 2003
- Pyle, Ernie. Ernie's War: The Best of Ernie Pyle's World War II Dispatches. New York, Simon and Schuster, 1987.
- Terkel, Studs. "The Good War": An Oral History of World War Two. New York: Pantheon, 1984.
- Blair, Clay. The Forgotten War: America in Korea, 1950-1953. New York: Times Books, c1987.
- Leckie, Robert. Conflict: The History of the Korean War, 1950-53. New York: Da Capo Press, 1996.
- Berry, Henry. Hey Mac, Where Ya Been? Living Memories of the U.S. Marines in the Korean War. New York: St. Martin's Press, 1988.
- Hellman, John. American Myth and the Legacy of Vietnam. New York: Columbia University Press, 1986
- Marshall, Kathryn. In the Combat Zone: An Oral History of American Women in Vietnam. New York: Penguin, 1988.
- Esper, George. The Eyewitness History of the Vietnam War, 1961-1975. New York: Ballantine, 1983.
- Schwarzkopf, H. Norman. It Doesn't Take a Hero. New York: Bantam Books, 1992.
- Atkinson, Rick. Crusade: The Untold Story of the Persian Gulf War. Boston: Houghton Mifflin, 1993.
- Marolda, Edward J. and Robert J. Schneller, Jr. Shield and Sword: The U.S. Navy and the Persian Gulf War. Washington: Naval Historical Center, 1998.
Persian Gulf War
You can continue to enjoy the richness of the Library's collections by going to these suggested links that will be of special interest to kids and families!