Format Films, Videos
Geraldine Crawford Bennett, Toni Breaux, and Willie Elliot Jenkins oral history interview conducted by Joseph Mosnier in Bogalusa, Louisiana, 2011-05-28.
- Contributor: Civil Rights History Project (u.s.) - Mosnier, Joseph - Jenkins, Willie Elliot - Breaux, Toni - Bennett, Geraldine Crawford
- Date: 2011-05-28
Look inside: 45 results
The Hicks family remembers their childhood in segregated Bogalusa, Louisiana, and their father, Robert Hicks, a local civil rights leader. They recall leading a children's civil rights march in Bogalusa to protest discrimination at Woolworth's, hosting two white civil rights workers, Bill Yates and Steve Miller, and being protected by the Deacons of Defense and Justice.
- Contributor: Civil Rights History Project (u.s.) - Mosnier, Joseph - Hicks, Charles Ray - Hicks, Valeria Payton - Collins, Barbara Maria - Burras, Carol Cummings - Hicks, Robert Lawrence - Hicks, Darryl Robertson - Hicks, Gregory Vincent - Hicks Family
- Date: 2011-05-27
Richard Barry Sobol oral history interview conducted by Joseph Mosnier in New Orleans, Louisiana, 2011-05-26.
- Contributor: Civil Rights History Project (u.s.) - Mosnier, Joseph - Sobol, Anne Buxton - Sobol, Richard
- Date: 2011-05-26
Look inside: 43 results
Cynthia Baker Anderson and Fletcher Anderson oral history interview conducted by Joseph Mosnier in Bogalusa, Louisiana, 2011-05-27.
Cynthia and Fletcher Anderson remember the segregation and job discrimination they faced in Bogalusa, Louisiana, and their decision to join the Civil Rights Movement. Fletcher recalls working many different jobs at the Crown Zellerbach paper mill, the harassment of the police and Ku Klux Klan, and joining the Deacons of Defense and Justice. They discuss their job discrimination lawsuits, their friends involved in the ...
- Contributor: Civil Rights History Project (u.s.) - Mosnier, Joseph - Anderson, Fletcher - Anderson, Cynthia Baker
- Date: 2011-05-27
Look inside: 30 results
On May 12, 2009, the U. S. Congress authorized a national initiative by passing The Civil Rights History Project Act of 2009 (Public Law 111-19). The law directs the Library of Congress (LOC) and the Smithsonian Institution's National Museum of African American History and Culture (NMAAHC) to conduct a survey of existing oral history collections with relevance to the Civil Rights movement to obtain ...
- Contributor: Abernathy, Donzaleigh - Abernathy, Juandalynn R. - Abernathy, Ralph David - Ackerman, David M. - Ackerman, Satoko Ito - Anderson, Fletcher - Anderson, Cynthia Baker - Anderson, William G. - Avery, Annie Pearl - Bailey, D'army ... Abernathy, Donzaleigh - Abernathy, Juandalynn R. - Abernathy, Ralph David - Ackerman, David M. - Ackerman, Satoko Ito - Anderson, Fletcher - Anderson, Cynthia Baker - Anderson, William G. - Avery, Annie Pearl - Bailey, D'army - Bassett, Emmett W. - Bassett, Priscilla - Bates, Scott - Bennett, Geraldine Crawford - Blake, Harry - Bond, Julian - Booker, Simeon - Branch, Taylor - Breaux, Toni - Broadway, Louise W. - Brown, Amos C. (amos Cleophilus) - Brown, Robert J. - Browner, Clifford - Bruce, Walter - Burns, Julia Matilda - Burras, Carol Cummings - Caldwell, Ben R. - Carawan, Candie - Carawan, Guy - Carlos, John - Carter, Robert L. - Churchville, John Elliott - Clark, Robert George - Cleaver, Kathleen - Collins, Barbara Maria - Conway, Purcell Maurice - Cotton, Dorothy F. - Cox, Courtland - Derby, Doris Adelaide - Dixon, Aaron Floyd - Dixon, Elmer - Dove, Samuel - Dudley, John F. - Duncan, Gwendolyn Annette - Finney, Ernest A. (ernest Adolphus) - Fuller, Linda - Gaither, Thomas Walter - Geiger, Jack - George, Virginia Simms - Glascoe, Myrtle Gonza - Greenberg, Jack - Grinnell, Gloria Claudette - Guyot, Lawrence - Hamilton, Audrey Nell - Hayling, Robert Bagner - Head, Rosie M. - Hicks, Charles Ray - Hicks, Darryl Robertson - Hicks, Gregory Vincent - Hicks, Robert Lawrence - Hicks, Valeria Payton - Hildreth, Marilyn Luper - Hill, Oliver W. - Holloway, Emma Kate - Holloway, Lucius - Hopkins, Evans D. - Hrabowski, Freeman A. - Hutchings, Phil - Jackson, Gertrude Newsome - Jarmon, Charles - Jenkins, Mary F. - Jenkins, Willie Elliot - Jones, Clarence - Jones, James Oscar - Jones, Jamila - Jones, Mary A. - King, Lonnie C. - Ladner, Dorie - Ladner, Joyce A. - Lawrence, William M. - Leventhal, Willy S. (willy Siegel) - Lowery, Joseph E. - Lucy, William - Luper, Calvin - Mahone, Sam - Marshall, Cecilia - McClary, Robert - McCullar, Johnnie Ruth - McDew, Charles - McKinney, Samuel Berry - McNichols, Steven - Miller, Grace H. - Moldovan, Alfred - Mulholland, Joan Trumpauer - Newson, Moses J. - Noonan, Martha P. - Parker, Wheeler - Patton, Gwendolyn M. - Perry, Matthew J. (matthew James) - Richardson, Gloria - Rosenberg, Jean Voelker - Rosenberg, John M. - Roxborough, Mildred Bond - Russell, Bill - Sales, Ruby - Saunders, William - Seeger, Pete - Sellers, Cleveland - Sherrod, Charles - Sherrod, Shirley - Siler, Charles E. - Simmons, Gwendolyn Zoharah - Simpson, Euvester - Sobol, Anne Buxton - Sobol, Richard - Stewart, Eleanor - Strickland, William - Suggs, Frances L - Suggs, Harold - Terry, Esther M. A. - Thelwell, Michael - Tillow, Kay - Tillow, Walter M. - Todd, Lisa Anderson - Tuttle, Rick - Ulmer, Joeann Anderson - Vickers, Barbara Edna - Vivian, C. T. - Walter, Mildred Pitts - Williams, Cecil J. - Williams, Junius W. - Wright, Simeon - Young, Carrie Lamar - Young, Sam - Zapata, Luis - Bishop, John Melville - Cline, David P. - Crosby, Emilye - Dittmer, John - Griffin, Willie James - Jeffries, Hasan Kwame - Mosnier, Joseph - Paysour, Lafleur - Reece, Dwandalyn R. - Sullivan, Patricia - Taylor, Kieran Walsh - Civil Rights History Project (u.s.) - National Museum of African American History and Culture (u.s.) - Library of Congress - American Folklife Center - Archive of Folk Culture (library of Congress) - Southern Oral History Program
- Date: 2010