CollectionThe Two Worlds of the Pennsylvania Dutch The Pennsylvania Dutch culture, which is now over three centuries old and still evolving, is an American hybrid creation put together from Continental Europe, British Isles, and American building blocks in Southeastern...
- Contributor: Yoder, Don
- Date: 2011-05-05
CollectionPlace and the Politics of Belonging One of America's greatest ironies is that, although a nation of immigrants, the country also has a longstanding history of ambivalence, and at times hostility, toward its newest arrivals. In the last...
- Contributor: Shutika, Debra Lattanzi - Lattanzi Shutika, Debra - American Folklife Center - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress)
- Date: 2010-08-12
Film, VideoJohn Elliott Churchville oral history interview conducted by Joseph Mosnier in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 2011-07-15.
- Contributor: Civil Rights History Project (U.S.) - Mosnier, Joseph - Churchville, John Elliott
- Date: 2011-07-15
View 53 Results
Film, VideoBilly McComiskey and Brendan Mulvihill with special guests Mick Moloney and Josh Dukes videorecording | videorecording ; 25 min | Forms part of Legends and Legacies: A Concert and Symposium Celebrating Joe Wilson and the NCTA Collection (Source). 4:3 Videorecording (Form).
- Contributor: Library of Congress - McComiskey, Billy - Mulvihill, Brendan - Moloney, Mick - Dukes, Josh
- Date: 2009
Film, VideoThomas Walter Gaither oral history interview conducted by Joseph Mosnier in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, 2011-09-12. Thomas Gaither recalls growing up in Great Falls, South Carolina, attending Claflin College, and leading the college's National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) chapter. He remembers the student sit-ins...
- Contributor: Civil Rights History Project (U.S.) - Mosnier, Joseph - Gaither, Thomas Walter
- Date: 2011-09-12
View 47 Results
CollectionOllin Yoliztli Calmecac Ollin Yoliztli Calmecac performs Aztec dance from Pennsylvania, another in the 2009 Homegrown Concert Series sponsored by the American Folklife Center.
- Contributor: Calmecac, Ollin Yoliztli - Ollin Yoliztli Calmecac (Dance Group) - American Folklife Center - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress) - John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts (U.S.). Millennium Stage
- Date: 2009-06-18