Format Films, Videos
- 12th street rag / Euday Bowman
- Great conversations: the pianists (Segment 02)
- Columbus's Most Prized Possession
- Urban Social Dance, Jamaica Fieldwork
- Execution of Czolgosz, with panorama of Auburn Prison
- Roosevelt's Rough Riders
- Lawrence Guyot
- Great conversations: the virtuosos Segment 04)
- Country Club / Scott Joplin
- Buckaroo Breakfast at Chuck Wagon
- Dunham Technique: Congo Paillette
- Dunham Technique: Yonvalou
- Pan-American Exposition by night
- Admiral Dewey leading land parade, no. 2
- Tourists going round Yellowstone Park
- What was in Lincoln's pockets?
- Two Brothers and a Dream
- Pakštas Family
- Bowery Buck / Tom Turpin
- Colored troops disembarking
- Street mail car, U.S.P.O.
- Ruby Sales
- Junius Williams
- Braided Bosal and Macardy on Saddle Blanket
- Wreck of the battleship "Maine"
- The stenographer's friend, or, What was accomplished by an ...
- Policy and pie
- Documentation - Tape Logs - Elena Bradunas
Results: 1-1 of 1 | Refined by: Original Format: Film, Video Remove Date: 1800 to 1899 Remove Location: San Francisco Remove Location: Chinatown Remove
This film shows the arrest and conveyance of a Chinese man in Chinatown, watched by a crowd of onlookers. The precise date of this film and the arrest charge are uncertain. It is possible that the arrest was connected with the smuggling of illegal immigrants from China. By mutual agreement between China and the United States, a small quota of merchants and students was ...
- Contributor: Thomas A. Edison, Inc - Paper Print Collection (library of Congress)
- Date: 1897
Refine your results
- American Memory 1
- Library of Congress Online Catalog 1
- Before and After the Great Earthquake and Fire: Early Films of San Francisco, 1897 to 1916 1
- Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division 1
- Inventing Entertainment: The Early Motion Pictures and Sound Recordings of the Edison Companies 1