Format Films, Videos
- Bowery Buck / Tom Turpin
- Bull's Head, 96, and C (Reversed) S
- Admiral Dewey leading land parade, no. 2
- American Beauty Rag / Joseph F. (Joseph Francis) Lamb
- Branding Costume
- Policy and pie
- Move on
- Roping, Winnemucca High School Rodeo
- Colonel Roosevelt is invited to fly in Arch Hoxsey's plane at ...
- A Legend is Born
- Emigrants Arriving at Ellis Island
- Arriving at Hartscrabble Field
- Procession of floats
- Katherine Dunham on the use of the foot in Dunham Technique
- Dunham Technique: Yonvalou
- Great conversations: chamber music (Segment 01)
- John Georganas Family Orchestra at the home of Angelos Kontaxis
- Carving the Meat
- The enchanted drawing
- The stenographer's friend, or, What was accomplished by an ...
- 12th street rag / Euday Bowman
- President McKinley reviewing the troops at the Pan-American ...
- Jørgen Hyland, Hardanger fiddler, Evanston
- Star Theatre
- Tourists going round Yellowstone Park
- Doing Fieldwork
- Great conversations: the conductors: James Conlon (Segment 07)
- President McKinley's funeral cortege at Buffalo, N.Y.
- Panorama of Machine Co. aisle, Westinghouse works
- Bringing in Mother Cows
Results: 1-1 of 1 | Refined by: Original Format: Film, Video Remove Subject: History Remove Contributor: Mosnier, Joseph Remove Location: Pennsylvania Remove
Thomas Walter Gaither oral history interview conducted by Joseph Mosnier in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, 2011-09-12.
Thomas Gaither recalls growing up in Great Falls, South Carolina, attending Claflin College, and leading the college's National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) chapter. He remembers the student sit-ins in Orangeburg, South Carolina, joining the Congress of Racial Equality (CORE), and being arrested for protesting in Hollywood, Florida. He discusses organizing the Freedom Rides, his belief in nonviolence, and earning his ...
- Contributor: Civil Rights History Project (u.s.) - Mosnier, Joseph - Gaither, Thomas Walter
- Date: 2011-09-12
Look inside: 48 results