Format Films, Videos
- Wreck of the battleship "Maine"
- Colonel Roosevelt is invited to fly in Arch Hoxsey's plane at ...
- Pakštas Family
- Chicago-Michigan football game
- Great conversations: the composers (Segment 03)
- Uncle Josh at the moving picture show
- President McKinley's funeral cortege at Buffalo, N.Y.
- Dunham Technique: Yonvalou
- Arriving at Hartscrabble Field
- Shall we prepare?
- Street mail car, U.S.P.O.
- Columbus's Most Prized Possession
- Carved Leather Cantle and Leather Punches
- Execution of Czolgosz, with panorama of Auburn Prison
- Bull's Head, 96, and C (Reversed) S
- Leonard-Cushing fight
- Jørgen Hyland, Hardanger fiddler, Evanston
- New York City "ghetto" fish market
- Courtland Cox
- American Beauty Rag / Joseph F. (Joseph Francis) Lamb
- The stenographer's friend, or, What was accomplished by an ...
- Two Brothers and a Dream
- Chuck McDew
- Bringing in Mother Cows
- Mildred Bond Roxborough
- Froglegs Rag / James Scott
- Doing Fieldwork
- Policy and pie
- Pete Seeger
Results: 1-1 of 1 | Refined by: Original Format: Film, Video Remove Subject: Soldiers Remove Part of: American Folklife Center Remove Online Format: Video Remove
The 100th anniversary of the official use of American personal identity tags, affectionately known as "dog tags," recently passed without fanfare. Dog tags are highly personal items to warriors of every service and to their families as well. Each dog tag carries its own human-interest story. The acts of receiving the dog tag, hanging it around the neck, and feeling it against the body ...
- Contributor: Cucolo, Ginger
- Date: 2012-01-26