Film, VideoD'Army Bailey oral history interview conducted by David P. Cline in Memphis, Tennessee, 2013-08-13. D'Army Bailey describes growing up in Memphis, Tennessee, the influence of the Crump political machine in city politics, and his involvement with the Memphis NAACP at an early age. He talks about his participation in the civil rights activism as a student at Southern University, for which he was ultimately expelled. Bailey describes his move to Clark University in Massachusetts, where he became involved...
- Contributor: Civil Rights History Project (U.S.) - Cline, David P. - Bailey, D'army
- Date: 2013-08-13
View 66 Results
CollectionCantos de mi canton (Songs from My Home): Chicano Music from California In a concert in celebration of Hispanic American Heritage Month, Agustin Lira and Alma & Quetza perform.
- Contributor: Lira, Agustín - American Folklife Center - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress) - John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts (U.S.). Millennium Stage
- Date: 2011-09-14
Film, VideoOdetta! An Interview for the American Folklife Center videorecording | 1 videorecording; 35 min | Interview on November 3, 2003. (Date). Videorecording (Form).
- Contributor: Library of Congress - Odetta - Bulger, Peggy A.
- Date: 2003
Film, VideoAgustín Lira and Alma / Quetzal Cantos de mi Cantón (Songs from My Home), Chicano Music from California Two musical groups on one videorecording. videorecording | 1 videorecording | Homegrown Concert Series. (Source). September 14, 2011. (Date). Videorecording (Form).
- Contributor: Library of Congress - Lira, Agustín - Wells Solorzano, Patricia - Knypstra, Ravi - Alma (Musical Group) - Flores, Quetzal - Gonzales, Martha - Quetzal (Musical Group : Los Angeles, Calif.)
- Date: 2011
Film, VideoCalifornia here I come [illustrated] motion picture | 1 video ; 3 min. | Audio track from Victor 19261-A as found on the Library of Congress Jukebox (General). Pictures used: Washington, D.C. Snow-covered cars and broken limbs felled by a storm (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/fsa.8b37438) -- Westward Ho! (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/cph.3b32810) -- View from Twin Peaks, Aug. 1, 1929 (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/cph.3c02728) -- In the heart of modern Chinatown, San Francisco, Calif. (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/cph.3b44570) -- [Unidentified house,...
- Contributor: Victor Records - Manhattan Merrymakers - Price, George - Desylva, G. (Buddy Gard) - Meyer, Joseph - Jolson, Al
- Date: 1924