Format Films, Videos
Results: 1-25 of 82 | Refined by: Original Format: Film, Video Remove Subject: Songs and Music Remove Online Format: Video Remove
Film, VideoThe battle hymn of the republic [illustrated] motion picture | 1 video ; 4 min. | Audio track from Victor 45121-A as found on the Library of Congress Jukebox. (Content). Illustrations used: Victor 45121 label (http://lcweb2.loc.gov/diglib/ihas/loc.natlib.jukebox.5493/default.html) -- Sherman's march to the sea / drawn by F.O.C. Darley. (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/cph.3c16520) -- The burning of Columbia, South Carolina, February 17, 1865 / sketched by W. Waud. (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/ppmsca.33131) -- [Portrait of Maj. Gen. William T. ...
- Contributor: Victor Records - Howe, Julia Ward - Werrenrath, Reinald
- Date: 1917
Film, VideoBeautiful dreamer [illustrated] motion picture | 1 video ; 5 min. | Audio track from Angel: CDC 7 54621 2 (General). Illustrations from LOC online collections (General). Illustrations: 1865 sheet music (http://lcweb2.loc.gov/diglib/ihas/loc.natlib.ihas.200031128/default.html) -- Stephen Collins Foster (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/cph.3b04776) -- Oh, hush thee, little dear-my-soul, and close thine eyes in dreaming (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/cai.2a15158) -- Elevated railroads in New York City: in the Bowery (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/cph.3b04565) -- La figure, etudes lithographiées par ...
- Contributor: Foster, Stephen Collins - Hampson, Thomas - Mason, Molly
Film, Video" When the Saints Go Marching In" videorecording | videorecording ; 9 min | Forms part of Legends and Legacies: A Concert and Symposium Celebrating Joe Wilson and the NCTA Collection (Source). 4:3 Videorecording (Form).
- Contributor: Library of Congress - Sweet Heaven Kings
- Date: 2009
Film, VideoMax Morath interview with Betty Auman and Loras Schissel, 2005-10-05
- Contributor: Library of Congress - Morath, Max - Auman, Elizabeth H. - Schissel, Loras J.
- Date: 2005-10-05
Film, VideoMerita Halili and the Raif Hyseni Orchestra Albanian Music from New York videorecording | videorecording | Library of Congress (Venue). June 19, 2008 (Date). Videorecording (Form).
- Contributor: Library of Congress - Halili, Merita - Raif Hyseni Orchestra
- Date: 2008
Film, VideoKumbaya motion picture | videorecording ; 5 min. | Motion Picture (Form).
- Contributor: Winick, Stephen D.
Film, VideoEddie Bond and Josh Ellis videorecording | videorecording ; 25 min | Forms part of Legends and Legacies: Remembering Archie Green (Source). 4:3 Videorecording (Form).
- Contributor: Library of Congress - Ellis, Josh - Bond, Eddie
- Date: 2009
Film, VideoThe iron Merrimac [illustrated] motion picture | 1 video ; 3 min. | Audio track taken from AFS 8181 A1 (General). Photographs from Library of Congress online resources. (General). Photos used: Battle between the Monitor and Merrimac--fought March 9th 1862 at Hampton Roads, near Norfolk, Va. (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/pga.01840) -- Desperate encounter between the Ericsson battery "Monitor" 2 guns, and the "Merrimac" 12 guns (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/pga.04145) -- Terrific combat between the ...
- Contributor: Hand, Judge Learned - Langenegger, John - Semmig, Arthur
Film, VideoBowery waltz From F.Z. Maguire catalogue: Shows James T. Kelly and Dorothy Kent, of Waite's Comedy Company, in the famous "Bowery dance." The dancers are dressed in costumes characteristic to the surroundings, and the dance as shown is an exact reproduction. The subject shows many humorous situations, is clear, sharp, and the figures show full life size. Suitable for coloring.
- Contributor: Heise, William - Kelly, James T. - Kent, Dorothy - Thomas A. Edison, Inc - Paper Print Collection (Library of Congress)
- Date: 1897
CollectionBar J Wranglers: Cowboy Music from Wyoming The Bar J Wranglers perform cowboy music from Wyoming, another in the Homegrown Concert Series sponsored by the American Folklife Center.
- Contributor: Wranglers, Bar J - Bar J Wranglers (Musical Group) - American Folklife Center - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress) - John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts (U.S.). Millennium Stage
- Date: 2008-10-02
Film, VideoThe Teddy bears' picnic [illustrated] motion picture | 1 video ; 3 min. | Audio track taken from Victor 16001-A as found on the Library of Congress Jukebox. (General). Illustrations: Label of recording (http://www.loc.gov/jukebox/recordings/detail/id/1509) -- Decorations for T. Roosevelt at Brussels (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/cph.3a27565) -- [Teddy bears, made in New York, on table, in factory(?)] (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/cph.3c08039) -- Stuffing a Teddy Bear (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/ggbain.01533) -- Cutting out Teddy Bear skins (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/ggbain.01534) -- Christmas ...
- Contributor: Victor Records - Bratton, John W. (John Walter) - Pryor, Arthur
- Date: 1908
Film, VideoThe Star Spangled Banner videorecording | videorecording ; 2 min | Forms part of the Baseball Americana Symposium (Source). 4:3 Videorecording (Form).
- Contributor: Library of Congress - Reverb (Vocal Group) - Langley, Steve - Pinkney, Victor - Hunter, Chris - Edler, Troy - Owens, Kevin - Deering, Jason
- Date: 2009
Film, VideoAgustín Lira and Alma / Quetzal Cantos de mi Cantón (Songs from My Home), Chicano Music from California Two musical groups on one videorecording. videorecording | 1 videorecording | Homegrown Concert Series. (Source). September 14, 2011. (Date). Videorecording (Form).
- Contributor: Library of Congress - Lira, Agustín - Wells Solorzano, Patricia - Knypstra, Ravi - Alma (Musical Group) - Flores, Quetzal - Gonzales, Martha - Quetzal (Musical Group : Los Angeles, Calif.)
- Date: 2011
Film, VideoCalifornia here I come [illustrated] motion picture | 1 video ; 3 min. | Audio track from Victor 19261-A as found on the Library of Congress Jukebox (General). Pictures used: Washington, D.C. Snow-covered cars and broken limbs felled by a storm (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/fsa.8b37438) -- Westward Ho! (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/cph.3b32810) -- View from Twin Peaks, Aug. 1, 1929 (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/cph.3c02728) -- In the heart of modern Chinatown, San Francisco, Calif. (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/cph.3b44570) -- [Unidentified house, ...
- Contributor: Victor Records - Manhattan Merrymakers - Price, George - Desylva, G. (Buddy Gard) - Meyer, Joseph - Jolson, Al
- Date: 1924
Film, VideoThe wreck of the Old 97 [illustrated] motion picture | 1 video ; 3 min. | Audio track from AFC 1928/002: AFS 18997 (Content). Illustrations: View of Locomotive No. 17 heading northbound about 1.4 miles north of Orbisonia, on the narrow-gauge main line (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/hhh.pa1798/photos.355882p) -- [Empire State Express, Utica, N.Y.] (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/det.4a19581) -- The fastest time on record (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/cph.3b17702) -- [C H & D (i.e., Cincinnati, Hamilton, and Dayton) train wreck below ...
- Contributor: Lewey, Fred J. - Gordon, Robert Winslow
Film, VideoInternational exposition music motion picture | videorecording; 8 min. | 16:9 Motion Picture (Form).
- Contributor: Barton, Matthew
Film, VideoAt the river [illustrated] motion picture | 1 video ; 3 min. | Audio track taken from Bridge BCD 9046, Track 2 (General). Photos taken from Library of Congress online collections (General). Photos used: Epiphany ceremony. Jordan River. Sanctifying the waters of the Jordan on Ephphany (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/matpc.07454 ) -- Down the Jordan Valley from the Sea of Galilee to the Dead Sea. (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/matpc.15250 ) -- Baptismal scene in ...
- Contributor: Bridge Records - Copland, Aaron - De Gaetani, Jan - Smit, Leo
- Date: 1993
Film, VideoD'Army Bailey oral history interview conducted by David P. Cline in Memphis, Tennessee, 2013-08-13. D'Army Bailey describes growing up in Memphis, Tennessee, the influence of the Crump political machine in city politics, and his involvement with the Memphis NAACP at an early age. He talks about his participation in the civil rights activism as a student at Southern University, for which he was ultimately expelled. Bailey describes his move to Clark University in Massachusetts, where he became involved ...
- Contributor: Civil Rights History Project (U.S.) - Cline, David P. - Bailey, D'army
- Date: 2013-08-13
View 66 Results
CollectionThe Western Flyers The Western Flyers (Joey McKenzie, Katie Glassman and Gavin Kelso) perform in concert.
- Contributor: Various - Western Flyers (Musical Group) - American Folklife Center - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress) - Library of Congress. Music Division - John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts (U.S.). Millennium Stage
- Date: 2015-02-02
Film, VideoDeep river motion picture | videorecording; 7 min., 57 sec. | 16:9 Motion Picture (Form).
- Contributor: Shirley, Wayne D. - Burleigh, H. T. (Harry Thacker) - Coleridge-Taylor, Samuel
Film, VideoPhil Wiggins and Corey Harris videorecording | videorecording ; 17 min | Forms part of Legends and Legacies: A Concert and Symposium Celebrating Joe Wilson and the NCTA Collection (Source). The first portion of this video is instrumental. The song, "Pony Blues" composed by Charley Patton begins at 5:50 minutes, followed by "Everybody Got to Change Sometime" composed by Taj Mahal and "Lynch Blues" composed by Correy Harris. (Content). ...
- Contributor: Library of Congress - Wiggins, Phil - Harris, Corey - Patton, Charley - Taj Mahal (Musician)
- Date: 2009
CollectionRediscover Northern Ireland 2008: I Am a Wee Weaver: Weaving and Singing in Northern Ireland Handloom weaving was dominated by men in 19th century Ireland. The Industrial Revolution changed that, enabling women to take the dominant role in the factory production of linen. In this talk, Maurice Leyden discusses the reasons for this historical shift, and the impact of this change on the traditions of singing and songwriting among weavers. To illustrate his lecture, Leyden sings songs composed by ...
- Contributor: Leyden, Maurice - American Folklife Center - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress)
- Date: 2008-12-04
Film, VideoStolen Souls from Africa
Song of the Coffle Gang videorecording | videorecording ; 3 min | Recorded at the Library of Congress (Venue). Forms part of the Seeger Family Tribute Collection (Source). A version of this song titled, "The Song of the Coffle Gang," was published in abolishionist song collections: The Liberty Minstrel, compiled by George Washington Clark in New York, 1844, and in The Anti Slavery Harp, compiled by William Wells Brown ...
- Contributor: Library of Congress - Seeger, Mike
- Date: 2007
Film, VideoThat baseball rag [illustrated] videorecording | 1 video ; 3 min. | Audio track from online Jukebox. 3332 (General). Photos used: [President Woodrow Wilson throwing out the first ball, opening day, 1916] (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/ppmsca.18475 ) -- Baseball fans - at Polo Grounds, N.Y. April 12, 1911 (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/cph.3b06584 -- Bugs Raymond, New York Giants, baseball card portrait (http://www.loc.gov/item/2007685634/ ) -- Oscar Stanage/Edgar Summers, Detroit Tigers, baseball card portrait] (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/bbc.1981f ) ...
- Contributor: Collins, Arthur - Wolff, Dave - Jones, Clarence
Film, VideoMax Morath interview with David Sager 2006-10-04
- Contributor: Morath, Max