Format Films, Videos
- Great conversations: the conductors: Mstislav Rostropovich ...
- Shall we prepare?
- Roosevelt, friend of the birds 
- Pack mules with ammunition on the Santiago Trail, Cuba
- A Legend is Born
- Tourists going round Yellowstone Park
- Great conversations: the pianists (Segment 02)
- Emigrants Arriving at Ellis Island
- Bunkhouse, Cassinelli (Mill) Ranch
- Wreck of the battleship "Maine"
- American Beauty Rag / Joseph F. (Joseph Francis) Lamb
- Procession of floats
- Pan-American Exposition by night
- Great conversations: the composers (Segment 03)
- Buckaroo Breakfast at Chuck Wagon
- Bowery Buck / Tom Turpin
- Carved Leather Cantle and Leather Punches
- President McKinley's funeral cortege at Buffalo, N.Y.
- Dunham Technique: Rocking horse
- Westinghouse Air Brake Co. Westinghouse Co. works (casting ...
- Roping, Winnemucca High School Rodeo
- Buckaroos at Cabin
- Girls taking time checks, Westinghouse works
- Admiral Dewey leading land parade, no. 2
- Courtland Cox
- Lawrence Guyot
- San Francisco earthquake and fire, April 18, 1906
- Chuck McDew
Results: 1-1 of 1 | Refined by: Original Format: Film, Video Remove Date: 1800 to 1899 Remove Location: Chinatown Remove
This film shows the arrest and conveyance of a Chinese man in Chinatown, watched by a crowd of onlookers. The precise date of this film and the arrest charge are uncertain. It is possible that the arrest was connected with the smuggling of illegal immigrants from China. By mutual agreement between China and the United States, a small quota of merchants and students was ...
- Contributor: Thomas A. Edison, Inc - Paper Print Collection (library of Congress)
- Date: 1897
Refine your results
- American Memory 1
- Library of Congress Online Catalog 1
- Before and After the Great Earthquake and Fire: Early Films of San Francisco, 1897 to 1916 1
- Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division 1
- Inventing Entertainment: The Early Motion Pictures and Sound Recordings of the Edison Companies 1