Film, VideoLuis Zapata oral history interview conducted by Emilye Crosby in Silver Spring, Maryland, 2013-06-27.
- Contributor: Civil Rights History Project (U.S.) - Crosby, Emilye - Zapata, Luis
- Date: 2013-06-27
View 56 Results
Film, VideoJoseph Echols Lowery oral history interview conducted by Joseph Mosnier in Atlanta, Georgia, 2011-06-06.
- Contributor: Civil Rights History Project (U.S.) - Mosnier, Joseph - Lowery, Joseph (Joseph E.)
- Date: 2011-06-06
View 19 Results
Film, VideoJohn and Jean Rosenberg oral history interview conducted by David P. Cline in Prestonburg, Kentucky, 2013-08-15. Jean and John Rosenberg begin this interview with recollections of their families' backgrounds. Jean learned about social issues as she was raised by a Quaker family in Pennsylvania, and John's family fled Germany under threat from the Nazis. Jean attended Wilmington College and became a research analyst for the Department of Justice's Civil Rights Division. John grew up in Gastonia, North Carolina, where FBI ...
- Contributor: Civil Rights History Project (U.S.) - Cline, David P. - Rosenberg, John M. - Rosenberg, Jean Voelker
- Date: 2013-08-15
View 53 Results
CollectionDocumenting the Freedom Struggle in Southwest Georgia Glen Pearcy and David Cline discuss Pearcy's documentary work with the Southwest Georgia Project, which documented local people at work and in their homes during the Civil Rights Movement of the 1960s.
- Contributor: Pearcy, Glen - Cline, David P. - American Folklife Center - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress) - Blacks in Government (U.S.). Library of Congress Chapter
- Date: 2014-02-27
CollectionCorsican Language & Expressive Culture Since the mid-20th century, a variety of social, economic and political factors have affected the cultural practices and conceptions of identity on the Mediterranean island of Corsica. Linguistic anthropologist Alexandra Jaffe discusses the Corsican language and Corsican expressive culture. She addresses both the island's shift towards the French language and the Corsican language revitalization movement that began in the early 1970s. Drawing on ethnographic ...
- Contributor: Jaffe, Alexandra - Jaffe, Alexandra M. (Alexandra Mystra) - American Folklife Center - Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress)
- Date: 2014-12-02
Film, VideoThomas Walter Gaither oral history interview conducted by Joseph Mosnier in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, 2011-09-12. Thomas Gaither recalls growing up in Great Falls, South Carolina, attending Claflin College, and leading the college's National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) chapter. He remembers the student sit-ins in Orangeburg, South Carolina, joining the Congress of Racial Equality (CORE), and being arrested for protesting in Hollywood, Florida. He discusses organizing the Freedom Rides, his belief in nonviolence, and earning his ...
- Contributor: Civil Rights History Project (U.S.) - Mosnier, Joseph - Gaither, Thomas Walter
- Date: 2011-09-12
View 47 Results