The Civil Rights History Project: Survey of Collections and Repositories
Jewish Historical Society of Greater Hartford
333 Bloomfield Avenue
West Hartford, Connecticut
Email: [email protected]
Repository URL: http://www.jhsgh.org/index.htm
Repository description (extant): The Jewish Historical Society of Greater Hartford, a non-profit organization, is dedicated to collecting and preserving historical documents, photographs, and memorabilia of the Jewish community of Greater Hartford.
Established in 1971, the Society's main commitment is to reach the largest audience possible through publications, exhibitions, seminars, and educational programs.
The Jewish Historical Society of Greater Hartford, Connecticut, strives to preserve our rich Jewish Heritage by...
* CREATING community awareness and understanding of the contributions made by the Jewish community to the Greater Hartford area
* EDUCATING individuals and families to better understand their heritage through oral histories, workshops, programs and special exhibitions
* PRESERVING the unique culture and heritage of Greater Hartford's Jewish community
* INSPIRING future generations by providing specialized services, historical information and resources to schools, colleges, cultural institutions, religious and civic organizations
* PUBLISHING Connecticut Jewish History, a journal documenting the history of Jewish life in Connecticut
* PROVIDING an archival center for research and a repository of historical documents and memorabilia relating to the Jewish community of Greater Hartford
Repository type: Local History Organization
[The North End collection]