Book/Printed Material Ẓuhūr al-amān /
About this Item
- Ẓuhūr al-amān
- Ẓuhūr al-amān (The advent of security) is a book on civics published during the reign of Ammanullah Khan (1919-29) as amir of Afghanistan. The book's title pays homage to the name of Ammanullah Khan himself. In its treatment of the duties of the members of Afghan society to the ruler and to each other, Ẓuhūr al-amān appears to highlight the challenges faced by Ammanullah Khan in his efforts to modernize Afghanistan. The book is divided into more than 30 short chapters describing the rights and responsibilities of the ruler, of persons living within a family unit, and of members of Afghan society as a whole. Some sections, such as one on the rights that are to be afforded to the king (ḥuquq-i lazima bar padishah), are further divided into subsections. The book begins with several chapters on religious matters, including those on tauhid (the unity of God), on ʻibada (worship), and on fahm-i sharīʻat-i rasūl ʻalayhi al-salām (the sharia). Ẓuhūr al-amān was published on October 11, 1923, by the then newly established Ministry of Education. The author of the work, a religious scholar by the name of ʻAbd al-Haqq, lists his father as ʻAbd al-ʻAziz from the village of Lower Arghanda in the township of Paghman, near Kabul. He highlights, as well, his tribal affiliation with the well-known Pushtun tribe of Suleimankhel. World Digital Library.
- Taqṣīr, ʻAbd al-Ḥaqq, author
- Afghanistan. Vizārat-i Maʻārif
Created / Published
- [Afghanistan] : Maṭbaʻ-i Vizārat-i Jalīlyah-ʼi Maʻārif, 1302 
- - Islam--Doctrines
- - Islamic ethics
- - Muslims--Conduct of life
- - Afghanistan
- - Also available in digital form.
- - In Persian; includes Arabic citations.
- 128 pages ; 21 cm
Call Number/Physical Location
- BJ1291 .T38 1923
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The contents of the Library of Congress Persian Language Manuscript Project are in the public domain or have no known copyright restrictions and are free to use and reuse.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, African and Middle East Division, Near East Section Persian Manuscript Collection
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Taqṣīr, ʻAbd Al-Ḥaqq, Author, and Afghanistan. Vizārat-I MaʻĀrif. Ẓuhūr Al-Amān. [Afghanistan: Maṭbaʻ-i Vizārat-i Jalīlyah-ʼi Maʻārif, 1923, 1923] Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/00313374/.
APA citation style:
Taqṣīr, ʻ. A. & Afghanistan. Vizārat-I MaʻĀrif. (1923) Ẓuhūr Al-Amān. [Afghanistan: Maṭbaʻ-i Vizārat-i Jalīlyah-ʼi Maʻārif, 1923] [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/00313374/.
MLA citation style:
Taqṣīr, ʻAbd Al-Ḥaqq, Author, and Afghanistan. Vizārat-I MaʻĀrif. Ẓuhūr Al-Amān. [Afghanistan: Maṭbaʻ-i Vizārat-i Jalīlyah-ʼi Maʻārif, 1923, 1923] Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/00313374/>.