Map Chapman's new sectional map of Minnesota. Chapman's sectional map of Minnesota
About this Item
- Chapman's new sectional map of Minnesota.
- Other Title
- Chapman's sectional map of Minnesota
- Contributor Names
- Chapman, Silas.
- Created / Published
- Milwaukee, Wis. : Dyer & Pasmore, 1856.
- Subject Headings
- - Minnesota--Maps
- - Minnesota
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1856 by Silas Chapman."
- - "Lith. of Ferd. Mayer & Co., 96 Fulton St., N.Y."
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Acquisitions control no. 99-25
- 1 map : hand col. ; 66 x 53 cm., folded in cover 15 x 10 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G4140 1856 .C5 MLC
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- "Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1856 by Silas Chapman." "Lith. of Ferd. Mayer & Co., 96 Fulton St., N.Y." Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. Acquisitions control no. 99-25
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Chapman, Silas. Chapman's new sectional map of Minnesota. Milwaukee, Wis.: Dyer & Pasmore, 1856. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/00555311/.
APA citation style:
Chapman, S. (1856) Chapman's new sectional map of Minnesota. Milwaukee, Wis.: Dyer & Pasmore. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/00555311/.
MLA citation style:
Chapman, Silas. Chapman's new sectional map of Minnesota. Milwaukee, Wis.: Dyer & Pasmore, 1856. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/00555311/>.
More Maps like this
MapChapman's rail road map of Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Illinois, Missouri, Minnesota, & Wisconsin. Outline map showing the railroad network and stations along the rail lines. [From published bibliography]
- Contributor: Chapman, Silas
- Date: 1859
MapSectional map of the surveyed portion of Minnesota and north western part of Wisconsin Shows portion of Morrison County to the west of the Mississippi River, this area shown on other editions as part of Todd County, and section lines in Traverse and Big Stone counties....
- Contributor: Sewall, J. S. (Joseph S.)
- Date: 1860
MapMap of Minnesota territority
Map of Minnesota Relief shown by hachures. "Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1850, by Thomas, Cowperthwait & Co. in the Clerks Office of the District Court of the Eastern District of...
- Contributor: Young, J. H. (James Hamilton)
- Date: 1852
MapMap of the territory of Minnesota exhibiting the route of the expedition to the Red River ... Relief shown by hachures and spot heights. Gives both Indian and later place names. Shows "Proposed line of grants for railroads." Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a...
- Contributor: Pope, John - Fillmore, Millard - Morawski, P. S.
- Date: 1849
MapStandard map of Sherburne County, Minnesota State trunk highways and state aid roads shown in red. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- Contributor: Minnesota Map Publishing Co.
- Date: 1913