Map An Indian map of the Upper-Missouri, 1801.
About this Item
- An Indian map of the Upper-Missouri, 1801.
- Kohl, J. G. (Johann Georg), 1808-1878.
Created / Published
- [ca. 1850]
- - Missouri River--Maps, Manuscript
- - United States--Missouri River
- - Pen-and-ink and watercolor.
- - English. Some place names in Blackfoot.
- - Copied from a map in the London archives of the Hudson Bay Company.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes notes.
- - Map and two sections of notes mounted on paper mounted on cloth.
- - Vault
- 1 ms. map : col. ; 15 x 25 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G4127.M5 1801 .K6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The contents of the Library of Congress Louisiana: European Explorations and the Louisiana Purchase are in the public domain and are free to use and reuse.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division, Louisiana: European Explorations and the Louisiana Purchase.
More about Copyright and other RestrictionsFor guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Kohl, J. G. An Indian map of the Upper-Missouri.  Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/00556405/.
APA citation style:
Kohl, J. G. (1850) An Indian map of the Upper-Missouri. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/00556405/.
MLA citation style:
Kohl, J. G. An Indian map of the Upper-Missouri.  Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/00556405/>.