Maps Chart of the coast of Brazil from Maranham to the River Plate.
About this Item
- Chart of the coast of Brazil from Maranham to the River Plate.
- Contributor Names
- Arrowsmith, John, 1790-1873.
- Created / Published
- [London] : J. Arrowsmith, Litho., 
- Subject Headings
- - Slave trade--Brazil--Atlantic Coast--Maps
- - Brazil
- - "The spots coloured red on the chart indicate the places where slavers land their cargoes and also where they are fitted out for slave trading."
- - "Ordered by the House of Commons, to be printed, 22 July 1850."
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - In upper right margin: Select Committee on African Slave Trade.
- - Oriented with north toward the upper right.
- - Includes note and 12 insets.
- - "No. 590."
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Acquisitions control no. 2000-13
- 1 map : hand col. ; 41 x 97 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G5402.C6E625 1850 .C5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Arrowsmith, John. Chart of the coast of Brazil from Maranham to the River Plate. [London: J. Arrowsmith, Litho, 1850] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/00556625/. (Accessed July 25, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Arrowsmith, J. (1850) Chart of the coast of Brazil from Maranham to the River Plate. [London: J. Arrowsmith, Litho] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/00556625/.
MLA citation style:
Arrowsmith, John. Chart of the coast of Brazil from Maranham to the River Plate. [London: J. Arrowsmith, Litho, 1850] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/00556625/>.