Film, Video Annual parade, New York Fire Department /
About this Item
- Annual parade, New York Fire Department /
- Dignitaries are shown as they alight from a horse-drawn brougham and enter the speaker's bleachers. Next, personnel of the New York Fire Department walk by the camera. One of every piece of fire-fighting equipment then used by the department passes.
- Contributor Names
- Porter, Edwin S., camera.
- Thomas A. Edison, Inc.
- Paper Print Collection (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- United States : Thomas A. Edison, Inc., 1904.
- Subject Headings
- - Parades
- - Fire departments
- Actualities (Motion pictures)
- Short films
- Nonfiction films
- - H46128 U.S Copyright Office
- - Copyright: Thomas A. Edison, Inc.; 17May04; H46128.
- - Cameraman, Edwin S. Porter.
- - Cameraman credit from Niver's, Early motion pictures, p. 9.
- - Duration: 4:43 at 16 fps.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - Filmed May 14, 1904 in New York City.
- - Source used: Niver, Kemp R., Early motion pictures, 1985.
- - Received: ca. 1991 from LC lab; ref prints and dupe neg; preservation; Paper Print Collection.
- 1 reel of 1 (115 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm. ref print.
- 1 reel of 1 (270 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm. ref print.
- 1 reel of 1 (115 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm. dupe neg.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- FLA 4959 (ref print)
- FEC 1607 (ref print)
- FRA 0075 (dupe neg)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in America at Work, America at Leisure: Motion Pictures from 1894-1915, there may be content protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. The Library is eager to hear from individuals or institutions that have information about these materials or know of their history.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Porter, Edwin S., Camera, Inc Thomas A. Edison, and Paper Print Collection. Annual parade, New York Fire Department. United States: Thomas A. Edison, Inc, 1904. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/00563584/. (Accessed September 30, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Porter, E. S., Thomas A. Edison, I. & Paper Print Collection. (1904) Annual parade, New York Fire Department. United States: Thomas A. Edison, Inc. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/00563584/.
MLA citation style:
Porter, Edwin S., Camera, Inc Thomas A. Edison, and Paper Print Collection. Annual parade, New York Fire Department. United States: Thomas A. Edison, Inc, 1904. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/00563584/>.