Film, Video Bathing at Atlantic City /
About this Item
- Bathing at Atlantic City /
- The film shows the bathing beach at Atlantic City, New Jersey. The camera position was from a tower or some platform high over the heads of the people on the sand adjoining the water. The camera pans approximately 180 degrees, taking in hundreds of people sitting on the sand between the boardwalk and the ocean, part of the boardwalk, and a great deal of the ocean area where people are swimming.
- Contributor Names
- Thomas A. Edison, Inc.
- Paper Print Collection (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- United States : Thomas A. Edison, Inc., 1901.
- Subject Headings
- - Bathing beaches--New Jersey--Atlantic City
- - Atlantic City (N.J.)
- Actualities (Motion pictures)
- Short films
- Nonfiction films
- - H7984 U.S Copyright Office
- - Copyright: Thomas A. Edison, Inc.; 21Aug01; H7984.
- - Duration: 1:05 at 18 fps.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - Filmed in Atlantic City, N.J.
- - Source used: Niver, Kemp R., Early motion pictures, 1985.
- - Received: ca. 1991 from LC lab; ref print and dupe neg; preservation; Paper Print Collection.
- 1 reel of 1 (34 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm. ref print.
- 1 reel of 1 (34 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm. dupe neg.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- FLA 4495 (ref print)
- FRA 0189 (dupe neg)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Library of Congress Catalog Number Record
- Online Public Access Catalog Record
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsNiver (Kemp) Collection (Library of Congress)
Paper Print Collection (Library of Congress)
Thomas A. Edison, Inc
SubjectsActualities (Motion Pictures)
Atlantic City (N.J.)
Articles and Essays with this item:
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in America at Work, America at Leisure: Motion Pictures from 1894-1915, there may be content protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. The Library is eager to hear from individuals or institutions that have information about these materials or know of their history.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Thomas A. Edison, Inc, and Paper Print Collection. Bathing at Atlantic City. United States: Thomas A. Edison, Inc, 1901. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/00563589. (Accessed February 13, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Thomas A. Edison, I. & Paper Print Collection. (1901) Bathing at Atlantic City. United States: Thomas A. Edison, Inc. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/00563589.
MLA citation style:
Thomas A. Edison, Inc, and Paper Print Collection. Bathing at Atlantic City. United States: Thomas A. Edison, Inc, 1901. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/00563589>.