Film, Video Brook trout fishing
About this Item
- Brook trout fishing
- The camera shows a small waterfall and a stream. Across the stream on the bank is a man with a fishing pole in one hand and a retrieving net in the other. During the course of the film, he makes the normal movements of a man accustomed to trout fishing. High on the bank to the right is a spectator. At the end of the film, the fisherman catches, nets, and lands a fish.
- Contributor Names
- Armitage, F. S., camera.
- American Mutoscope and Biograph Company.
- Paper Print Collection (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- United States : American Mutoscope & Biograph Company, 1902.
- Subject Headings
- - Brook trout fishing
- Actualities (Motion pictures)
- Short films
- Nonfiction films
- - H16650 U.S Copyright Office
- - Copyright: American Mutoscope & Biograph Company; 16Apr02; H16650.
- - Cameraman, F. S. Armitage.
- - Cameraman credit from Niver's, Early motion pictures, p. 38.
- - Duration: 0:56 at 16 fps.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - Filmed June 6, 1900 in Grand Trunk R.R.
- - Source used: Niver, Kemp R., Early motion pictures, 1985.
- - Received: ca. 1991 from LC lab; ref prints and dupe neg; preservation; Paper Print Collection.
- 1 reel of 1 (29 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm. ref print.
- 1 reel of 1 (90 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm. ref print.
- 1 reel of 1 (90 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm. ref print (copy 2)
- 1 reel of 1 (29 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm. dupe neg.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- FLA 4276 (ref print)
- FEB 9581 (ref print)
- FEC 3020 (ref print, copy 2)
- FRA 0323 (dupe neg)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsAmerican Mutoscope and Biograph Company
Armitage, F. S.
Niver (kemp) Collection (library of Congress)
Paper Print Collection (library of Congress)
SubjectsActualities (motion Pictures)
Brook Trout Fishing
Articles and Essays with this item:
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in America at Work, America at Leisure: Motion Pictures from 1894-1915, there may be content protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. The Library is eager to hear from individuals or institutions that have information about these materials or know of their history.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Armitage, F. S., Camera, American Mutoscope And Biograph Company, and Paper Print Collection. Brook Trout Fishing. United States: American Mutoscope & Biograph Company, 1902. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/00563591/. (Accessed October 27, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Armitage, F. S., American Mutoscope And Biograph Company & Paper Print Collection. (1902) Brook Trout Fishing. United States: American Mutoscope & Biograph Company. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/00563591/.
MLA citation style:
Armitage, F. S., Camera, American Mutoscope And Biograph Company, and Paper Print Collection. Brook Trout Fishing. United States: American Mutoscope & Biograph Company, 1902. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/00563591/>.