Film, Video Driving cattle to pasture /
About this Item
- Driving cattle to pasture /
- The camera was placed to get the best view of the many cattle being driven toward grazing land. Edision Foundation records (envelope 135): "photographed by A. C. Abadie, May 9, 1904, Bliss, Oklahoma Territory. Showing a large number of cattle being rounded up in a pasture."
- Contributor Names
- Abadie, Alfred C. (Alfred Camille), 1878-1950, camera.
- Thomas A. Edison, Inc.
- Paper Print Collection (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- United States : Thomas A. Edison, Inc., 1904.
- Subject Headings
- - Cattle drives--Oklahoma
- Actualities (Motion pictures)
- Silent films
- Short films
- Nonfiction films
- - H46137 U.S Copyright Office
- - Copyright: Thomas A. Edison, Inc.; 18May04; H46137.
- - Cameraman, A. C. Abadie.
- - Duration: 1:09 at 16 fps.
- - Paper print shelf number (LC 0699) was changed when the paper prints were re-housed.
- - Additional holdings for this title may be available. Contact reference librarian.
- - Filmed May 9, 1904 in Bliss, Oklahoma Territory (Noble County, OK).
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - Forms part of the American Memory exhibit, America at work, America at leisure : motion pictures from 1894-1915.
- - Source used: Niver's Early motion pictures, p. 83.
- - Early motion pictures : the Paper Print Collection in the Library of Congress / by Kemp R. Niver. Library of Congress. 1985.
- 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 1 min., 37 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm. viewing print.
- 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 1 min., 37 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm. dupe neg pic.
- 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 1 min., ca. 40 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm. master pos pic.
- 1 roll (ca. 90 ft.) : b&w ; 35 mm. paper pos.
- 1 roll (ca. 90 ft.) : b&w ; 35 mm. paper pos (copy 2)
- Call Number/Physical Location
- FLA 3713 (viewing print)
- FRA 0960 (dupe neg pic)
- FRB 1380 (master pos pic)
- Box 0564B (paper pos)
- Box 5538D (paper pos, copy 2)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Articles and Essays with this item:
- Today in History: November 16
- Oklahoma: Library of Congress Primary Sources by State - Primary Source Set
- Oklahoma State Guide: American Memory Historical Collections (Virtual Programs & Services, Library of Congress)
- America at Work - America at Work, America at Leisure: Motion Pictures from 1894 to 1915 - Digital Collections
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in America at Work, America at Leisure: Motion Pictures from 1894-1915, there may be content protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. The Library is eager to hear from individuals or institutions that have information about these materials or know of their history.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Abadie, Alfred C. , , Camera, Inc Thomas A. Edison, and Paper Print Collection. Driving Cattle to Pasture. United States: Thomas A. Edison, Inc, 1904. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/00563594/. (Accessed July 29, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Abadie, A. C., Thomas A. Edison, I. & Paper Print Collection. (1904) Driving Cattle to Pasture. United States: Thomas A. Edison, Inc. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/00563594/.
MLA citation style:
Abadie, Alfred C. , , Camera, Inc Thomas A. Edison, and Paper Print Collection. Driving Cattle to Pasture. United States: Thomas A. Edison, Inc, 1904. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/00563594/>.