Film, Video A glimpse of the San Diego Exposition Educational of San Diego Exposition
About this Item
- A glimpse of the San Diego Exposition
- Other Title
- Educational of San Diego Exposition
- The film begins from a single-camera position high above the Exposition grounds. The camera begins to pan from left to right, following the horizon. The picture includes all of the spires and buildings of the fair. Then the camera is moved to the Exposition midway and footage is taken of the California exhibit, the Panamanian exhibit, and many others. The emphasis is on the permanent exhibits which, at the time of this writing, still exist.
- Contributor Names
- Paper Print Collection (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- United States : Keystone, 1915.
- Subject Headings
- - Exhibitions--California--San Diego
- Actualities (Motion pictures)
- Short films
- Nonfiction films
- - MP293 U.S Copyright Office
- - Copyright: Keystone; 18Feb15; MP293.
- - Duration: 3:57 (part 1), 3:22 (part 2) at 16 fps.
- - Filmed in Balboa Park, San Diego.
- - Source used: Niver, Kemp R., Early motion pictures, 1985.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - Received: ca. 1991 from LC lab; ref print; preservation; Paper Print Collection.
- 1 reel of 1 (160 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm. ref print.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- FLA 6093 (ref print)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- The film begins from a single-camera position high above the Exposition grounds. The camera begins to pan from left to right, following the horizon. The picture includes all of the spires and buildings of the fair. Then the camera is moved to the Exposition midway. Includes shots of the exposition buildings in Balboa Park, a bridge that cost a quarter of a million dollars [Cabrillo Bridge], the California Building, the Horticultural Building, the Panama Canal exhibit, the Isthmus (location of boardwalk and rolling chairs), the Panama Film company exhibit (where Fatty Arbuckle walks by the camer in street clothes), the lagoon with trained fish and the Plaza de Panama, where little children feed pigeons.
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- Actualities (Motion Pictures)
- Arbuckle, Roscoe
- Balboa Park (San Diego, Calif.)
- Botanical Building (San Diego, Calif.)
- Cabrillo Bridge (San Diego, Calif.)
- California Building (San Diego, Calif.)
- California Tower (California Building, San Diego, Calif.)
- Educational Films
- Nonfiction Films
- Panama Canal Extravaganza (Panama-California Exposition,, San Diego, Calif.)
- Panama-California Exposition
- San Diego
- San Diego, Calif.)
- Short Films
- Silent Films
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in America at Work, America at Leisure: Motion Pictures from 1894-1915, there may be content protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. The Library is eager to hear from individuals or institutions that have information about these materials or know of their history.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Keystone, and Paper Print Collection. A glimpse of the San Diego Exposition. United States: Keystone, 1915. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/00563595/.
APA citation style:
Keystone & Paper Print Collection. (1915) A glimpse of the San Diego Exposition. United States: Keystone. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/00563595/.
MLA citation style:
Keystone, and Paper Print Collection. A glimpse of the San Diego Exposition. United States: Keystone, 1915. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/00563595/>.