Film, Video Princeton and Yale football game /
About this Item
- Princeton and Yale football game /
- The camera was moved to many positions throughout the stadium, which contained an estimated 50,000 spectators. The opening scene was a complete pan around the locale, showing the crowd assembled to watch the game. The remaining scenes were photographed from various positions throughout the football field, showing the game in progress. There is line play shown as well as broken-field running.
- Contributor Names
- Abadie, Alfred C. (Alfred Camille), 1878-1950, camera.
- Thomas A. Edison, Inc.
- Paper Print Collection (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- United States : Thomas A. Edison, Inc., 1903.
- Subject Headings
- - Football
- - College sports
- Actualities (Motion pictures)
- Filmed sports events
- Filmed football games
- Short films
- Silent films
- Nonfiction films
- - H38332 U.S Copyright Office
- - Copyright: Thomas A. Edison, Inc.; 19Nov03; H38332.
- - Cameraman, A.C. Abadie.
- - Cameraman credit from Niver's, Early motion pictures, p. 263.
- - Duration: 3:47 at 16 fps.
- - Filmed November 14, 1903 in New Haven, Conn.
- - MAVIS 1836310; Princeton and Yale football game.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - Received: ca. 1991 from LC film lab; viewing print and dupe neg pics; preservation; Paper Print Collection.
- 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 4 min., 75 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm. viewing print.
- 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 4 min., 75 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm. dupe neg pic.
- 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 4 min., 75 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm. dupe neg pic (copy 2)
- Call Number/Physical Location
- FLA 5178 (viewing print)
- FRA 2124 (dupe neg pic)
- FRA 2125 (dupe neg pic, copy 2)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsAbadie, Alfred C. (alfred Camille)
Paper Print Collection (library of Congress)
Thomas A. Edison, Inc
SubjectsActualities (motion Pictures)
Filmed Football Games
Filmed Sports Events
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in America at Work, America at Leisure: Motion Pictures from 1894-1915, there may be content protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. The Library is eager to hear from individuals or institutions that have information about these materials or know of their history.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Abadie, Alfred C. , , Camera, Inc Thomas A. Edison, and Paper Print Collection. Princeton and Yale football game. United States: Thomas A. Edison, Inc, 1903. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/00563607/. (Accessed July 27, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Abadie, A. C., Thomas A. Edison, I. & Paper Print Collection. (1903) Princeton and Yale football game. United States: Thomas A. Edison, Inc. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/00563607/.
MLA citation style:
Abadie, Alfred C. , , Camera, Inc Thomas A. Edison, and Paper Print Collection. Princeton and Yale football game. United States: Thomas A. Edison, Inc, 1903. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/00563607/>.