Film, Video Herding horses across a river
Digital viewing copy
About this Item
- Herding horses across a river
- "A large number of horses are swimming in a deep river. The cowboys urge them on and do some fancy riding while their ponies swim across. One of the men loses his balance while kneeling on the back of his pony and gets an unexpected bath"--Edison films catalog, no. 288.
- Abadie, Alfred C. (Alfred Camille), 1878-1950, camera.
- Thomas A. Edison, Inc.
- Paper Print Collection (Library of Congress)
Created / Published
- United States : Thomas A. Edison, Inc., 1904.
- - Herding--Oklahoma--Bliss
- - Horses--Oklahoma--Bliss
- - Cowboys--Oklahoma--Bliss
- Actualities (Motion pictures)
- Silent films
- Short films
- Nonfiction films
- - H46142 U.S Copyright Office
- - Copyright: Thomas A. Edison, Inc.; 18May04; H46142.
- - Cameraman, A.C. Abadie.
- - Duration: 1:06 at 16 fps.
- - Filmed May 9, 1904 in Bliss, Oklahoma Territory (now Lawton, Oklahoma).
- - Paper print shelf number (LC 0678) was changed when the paper prints were re-housed.
- - Additional holdings for this title may be available. Contact reference librarian.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - Sources used: Niver, K. Early motion pictures, p. 136; AFI catalog, film beginnings, 1893-1910, p. 461; Edison films catalog, no. 288, July 1906, p. 98.
- - paper pos (copy 2) Received: 1904-05-18; copyright deposit; Paper Print Collection.
- - Early motion pictures : the Paper Print Collection in the Library of Congress / by Kemp R. Niver. Library of Congress. 1985.
- - 35 mm dupe neg pic renumbered: FPF 0641 to FZA 2875.
- - Paper print roll lacking suffix.
- viewing print 1 film reel of 1 (33 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- viewing print 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 60 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- dupe neg pic 1 film reel of 1 (33 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- dupe neg pic 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 60 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- master pos pic 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 35 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- paper pos 1 roll of 1 (ca. 60 ft.) : b&w ; 35 mm.
- paper pos (copy 2) 1 roll of 1 (ca. 60 ft.) : b&w ; 35 mm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- FLA 3692 (viewing print)
- FEC 1866 (viewing print)
- FRA 0941 (dupe neg pic)
- FZA 2875 (dupe neg pic)
- FRB 1447 (master pos pic)
- Box 0564D (paper pos)
- Box 5526 (paper pos, copy 2)
- Niver (Kemp) Collection (Library of Congress)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
- Abadie, Alfred C. (Alfred Camille)
- Paper Print Collection (Library of Congress)
- Thomas A. Edison, Inc
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in America at Work, America at Leisure: Motion Pictures from 1894-1915, there may be content protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. The Library is eager to hear from individuals or institutions that have information about these materials or know of their history.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Abadie, Alfred C. , Camera, Inc Thomas A. Edison, and Paper Print Collection. Herding Horses Across a River. United States: Thomas A. Edison, Inc, 1904. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/00564532/.
APA citation style:
Abadie, A. C., Thomas A. Edison, I. & Paper Print Collection. (1904) Herding Horses Across a River. United States: Thomas A. Edison, Inc. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/00564532/.
MLA citation style:
Abadie, Alfred C. , Camera, Inc Thomas A. Edison, and Paper Print Collection. Herding Horses Across a River. United States: Thomas A. Edison, Inc, 1904. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/00564532/>.