Film, Video Circular panorama of housing the ice
About this Item
- Circular panorama of housing the ice
- The camera photographed an area of industrial activity. Against a hill approximately one hundred feet in height, ten escalatorlike conveyors have been constructed. The film indicates that the system was designed to lift ice that had been cut from a lake to the top of a hill where it was either stored or shipped. The camera pans from the mechanized area to the right 150 degrees to show the total operation.
- Thomas A. Edison, Inc.
- Paper Print Collection (Library of Congress)
Created / Published
- United States : Thomas A. Edison, Inc., 1902.
- - Ice industry--Massachusetts--Groton
- Actualities (Motion pictures)
- Silent films
- Short films
- Nonfiction films
- - H14440 U.S Copyright Office
- - Copyright: Thomas A. Edison, Inc.; 24Feb02; H14440.
- - Paper print shelf number (LC 0338) was changed when the paper prints were re-housed.
- - Additional holdings for this title may be available. Contact reference librarian.
- - LC also holds two related Paper Print Collection films on this subject: Cutting the ice, and Loading the ice on cars, conveying it across the mountains and loading it into boats.
- - Filmed in ice fields in Groton, Massachusetts, probably in 1902.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - Source used: Niver, K., Early motion pictures, p. 57.
- - Early motion pictures : the Paper Print Collection in the Library of Congress / by Kemp R. Niver. Library of Congress. 1985.
- viewing print 1 film reel of 1 (29 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- viewing print 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 50 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- dupe neg pic 1 film reel of 1 (29 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- dupe neg pic 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 50 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- paper pos 1 roll of 1 (ca. 50 ft.) : b&w ; 35 mm.
- paper pos (copy 2) 1 roll of 1 (ca. 50 ft.) : b&w ; 35 mm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- FLA 3352 (viewing print)
- FEC 3269 (viewing print)
- FRA 0659 (dupe neg pic)
- FPF 0901 (dupe neg pic)
- Box 0858C (paper pos)
- Box 5666D (paper pos, copy 2)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in America at Work, America at Leisure: Motion Pictures from 1894-1915, there may be content protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. The Library is eager to hear from individuals or institutions that have information about these materials or know of their history.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Thomas A. Edison, Inc, and Paper Print Collection. Circular Panorama of Housing the Ice. United States: Thomas A. Edison, Inc, 1902. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/00564558/.
APA citation style:
Thomas A. Edison, I. & Paper Print Collection. (1902) Circular Panorama of Housing the Ice. United States: Thomas A. Edison, Inc. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/00564558/.
MLA citation style:
Thomas A. Edison, Inc, and Paper Print Collection. Circular Panorama of Housing the Ice. United States: Thomas A. Edison, Inc, 1902. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/00564558/>.