Film, Video Pawtucket Fire Department Run of Pawtucket Fire Dept
Digital viewing copy
About this Item
- Pawtucket Fire Department
- Run of Pawtucket Fire Dept
- "A good film, photographed from a single-camera position, of the Fire Department of the city of Pawtucket, Rhode Island, and its equipment. For the time, the apparatus was ultramodern"--Early motion pictures.
- Armitage, F. S., camera.
- American Mutoscope and Biograph Company.
- Paper Print Collection (Library of Congress)
Created / Published
- United States : American Mutoscope & Biograph Company, 1903.
- - Fire departments--Rhode Island--Pawtucket
- - Fire departments--Equipment and supplies
- Actualities (Motion pictures)
- Silent films
- Short films
- Nonfiction films
- - H38865 U.S Copyright Office
- - Copyright: American Mutoscope & Biograph Company; 05Dec03; H38865.
- - Cameraman, F.S. Armitage.
- - Filmed November 23, 1903 in Pawtucket, Rhode Island.
- - Biograph production no. 2695.
- - Paper print shelf number (LC 1800) was changed when the paper prints were re-housed.
- - Additional holdings for this title may be available. Contact reference librarian.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - Sources used: Niver, K. Early motion pictures, p. 246; AFI catalog, film beginnings, 1893-1910, p. 926; Biograph production logs.
- - Early motion pictures : the Paper Print Collection in the Library of Congress / by Kemp R. Niver. Library of Congress. 1985.
- viewing print 1 film reel of 1 (35 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- viewing print 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 75 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- dupe neg pic 1 film reel of 1 (35 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- dupe neg pic 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 75 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- master pos pic 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 35 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- paper pos 1 roll of 1 (ca. 75 ft.) : b&w ; 35 mm.
- paper pos (copy 2) 1 roll of 1 (ca. 75 ft.) : b&w ; 35 mm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- FLA 4814 (viewing print)
- FEC 3267 (viewing print)
- FRA 1823 (dupe neg pic)
- FPF 0893 (dupe neg pic)
- FRB 0427 (master pos pic)
- Box 0925F (paper pos)
- Box 5151F (paper pos, copy 2)
- Niver (Kemp) Collection (Library of Congress)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
- American Mutoscope and Biograph Company
- Armitage, F. S.
- Paper Print Collection (Library of Congress)
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in America at Work, America at Leisure: Motion Pictures from 1894-1915, there may be content protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. The Library is eager to hear from individuals or institutions that have information about these materials or know of their history.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Armitage, F. S., Camera, American Mutoscope And Biograph Company, and Paper Print Collection. Pawtucket Fire Department. United States: American Mutoscope & Biograph Company, 1903. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/00564565/.
APA citation style:
Armitage, F. S., American Mutoscope And Biograph Company & Paper Print Collection. (1903) Pawtucket Fire Department. United States: American Mutoscope & Biograph Company. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/00564565/.
MLA citation style:
Armitage, F. S., Camera, American Mutoscope And Biograph Company, and Paper Print Collection. Pawtucket Fire Department. United States: American Mutoscope & Biograph Company, 1903. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/00564565/>.