Film, Video Wounded soldiers embarking in row boats /
About this Item
- Wounded soldiers embarking in row boats /
- From the Biograph picture catalogue: 27 feet. This picture was taken after the battle of Las Guaymas, and shows a large number of wounded soldiers embarking in a rowboat from an extemporized dock, on their way to the hospital ship "Olivette." A high sea was rolling in at the time, which made embarkation exceedingly difficult, and the pitiful condition of the wounded soldiers under such conditions can readily be imagined. This picture is remarkably fine photographically, and has made a marked sensation wherever it has been shown.
- Contributor Names
- American Mutoscope and Biograph Company.
- Paper Print Collection (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- United States : American Mutoscope and Biograph Company, .
- Subject Headings
- - Spanish-American War, 1898--Casualties--Cuba
- - Battle casualties--Cuba
- - Transport of sick and wounded--Cuba
- - United States.--Army--Boats
- - United States.--Army--Medical care
- - Spanish-American War, 1898--Campaigns--Cuba
- - Soldiers--Cuba
- - Transportation, Military--Cuba
- - Boats and boating--Cuba
- War (Nonfiction)--Short
- Actualities (Motion pictures)
- Short films
- Nonfiction films
- - H30727 U.S. Copyright Office
- - Copyright: American Mutoscope & Biograph Co.; 24Apr1903; H30727.
- - Probable release date from AFI cat.: film beginnings, 1893-1910, 1995.
- - Duration: 0:27 at 16 fps.
- - Materials listed originate from the paper print chosen best copy of two for digitization; for other holdings on this title, contact M/B/RS reference staff.
- - Biograph catalog no. 711; code name (for telegraphic orders) Voralb.
- - Filmed in Siboney, Cuba.
- - Sources used: Copyright catalog, motion pictures, 1894-1912; Niver, K.R. Early motion pictures, 1985; Biograph picture catalogue, Nov. 1902, p. 169 [MI].
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- 1 reel of 1 (ca. 25 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm. ref print.
- 1 reel of 1 (ca. 25 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm. dupe neg.
- 1 roll of 1 (ca. 25 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm. paper pos.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- FEC 3005 (ref print)
- FPE 9357 (dupe neg)
- LC 402a (paper pos)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D. C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsAmerican Mutoscope and Biograph Company
American Mutoscope Company
Marvin, Arthur W.
Niver (kemp) Collection (library of Congress)
Paper Print Collection (library of Congress)
SubjectsActualities (motion Pictures)
Boats and Boating
Las Guásimas, Battle Of, Las Guásimas, Cuba
Transport of Sick and Wounded
Articles and Essays with this item:
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division, Library of Congress
The Library of Congress is providing access to the Spanish-American War in Motion Pictures for educational and research purposes. The Library is not aware of any copyrights or other rights associated with this Collection. However, users should note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
U.S. Troops Landing at Daiquirí, Cuba; Troops Making Military Road in Front of Santiago; Pack Mules with Ammunition on the Santiago Trail, Cuba; and 25th Infantry are reproduced here courtesy of the Theodore Roosevelt Association.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
More information about American Memory and Copyright.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
American Mutoscope And Biograph Company, and Paper Print Collection. Wounded Soldiers Embarking in Row Boats. [United States: American Mutoscope and Biograph Company, 1898] Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/00694003/. (Accessed August 25, 2016.)
APA citation style:
American Mutoscope And Biograph Company & Paper Print Collection. (1898) Wounded Soldiers Embarking in Row Boats. [United States: American Mutoscope and Biograph Company] [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/00694003/.
MLA citation style:
American Mutoscope And Biograph Company, and Paper Print Collection. Wounded Soldiers Embarking in Row Boats. [United States: American Mutoscope and Biograph Company, 1898] Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/00694003/>.