Film, Video Humorous phases of funny faces
About this Item
- Humorous phases of funny faces
- J. Stuart Blackton "draws" a series of funny faces, including a line drawing of two faces, a man with an umbrella, a line drawing of two faces in profile, and a clown.
- Blackton, James Stuart, 1875-1941, production.
- Vitagraph Company of America.
- AFI/Blackton (J. Stuart) Collection (Library of Congress)
Created / Published
- United States : Vitagraph, 1906.
- - Magic drawings--Humor
- - Caricature--Humor
- - Facial expression--Humor
- Comedy films
- Trick films
- Animated films
- Silent films
- Short films
- - H75272 U.S. Copyright Office
- - Copyright: The Vitagraph Co. of America; 6Apr1906; H75272.
- - Duration: 3:00 at 20 fps.
- - LC also holds a fragment of this title in the Paper Print Collection. For more information, contact reference librarian.
- - Additional holdings for this title may be available. Contact reference librarian.
- - Available through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - Sources used: Copyright catalog, motion pictures, 1894-1912; Library of Congress video collection, v. 3, Origins of American animation, 1900-1921; McIntire, J. Silent animated films at the Library of Congress, 1995; M/B/RS preliminary catalog card.
- 1 video file (digital, MPEG-4) (ca. 1 min.) : si., b&w.
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D. C. 20540 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in the Origins of American Animation, there may be content protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. The Library is anxious to hear from individuals or institutions that have information about these materials or know of their history.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Vitagraph Company Of America, and Afi/Blackton. Humorous Phases of Funny Faces. produceds by Blackton, James Stuart, Uction United States: Vitagraph, 1906. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/00694006/.
APA citation style:
Vitagraph Company Of America & Afi/Blackton. (1906) Humorous Phases of Funny Faces. Blackton, J. S., prod United States: Vitagraph. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/00694006/.
MLA citation style:
Vitagraph Company Of America, and Afi/Blackton. Humorous Phases of Funny Faces. prod by Blackton, James Stuart, Uction United States: Vitagraph, 1906. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/00694006/>.