Film, Video Dreamy Dud--he resolves not to smoke /
About this Item
- Dreamy Dud--he resolves not to smoke /
- Other Title
- He resolves not to smoke
- Dreamy Dud resolves not to smoke
- Dreamy Dud steals a man's pipe because he is fascinated with smoking and blowing smoke rings. He smokes the pipe and the smoke turns into a ghost and carries him up to the moon and leaves him. Dud falls off the moon and down to earth. He wakes up on the floor of his room and resolves never to smoke.
- Contributor Names
- Carlson, Wallace, -1967, animation, writing.
- Essanay Film Manufacturing Co.
- AFI/Edell (Frederick) Collection (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- United States : Essanay Film Manufacturing Co., .
- Subject Headings
- - Boys--United States--Drama
- - Smoking--United States--Drama
- - Dreams--United States--Drama
- Comedy films
- Animated films
- Short films
- Fiction films
- - MP356 U.S. Copyright Office
- - Copyright: Essanay Film Mfg. Co.; 22Jun15; MP356.
- - Copyrighted along with Scenic picture (not on LC's copy).
- - Duration: 5:03 at 24 fps.
- - Summary from J. McIntire, Silent animated films at the Library of Congress, 1995.
- - Digital file includes a piano score composed and performed by Philip Carli.
- - Additional holdings for this title may be available. See reference librarian.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - Sources used: Copyright catalog, motion pictures, 1912-1939; Library of Congress video collection, v. 3, Origins of American animation, 1900-1921; McIntire, J. Silent animated films at the Library of Congress, 1995; M/B/RS preliminary catalog card.
- viewing print. 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 5 min., ca. 483 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- FEA 9934 (viewing print)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D. C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsAfi/Edell (frederick) Collection (library of Congress)
Essanay Film Manufacturing Co.
General Film Company
Articles and Essays with this item:
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in the Origins of American Animation, there may be content protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. The Library is anxious to hear from individuals or institutions that have information about these materials or know of their history.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Carlson, Wallace, -1967, Animation, Writing, Essanay Film Manufacturing Co, and Afi/Edell. Dreamy Dud--he resolves not to smoke. [United States: Essanay Film Manufacturing Co, 1915] Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/00694009/. (Accessed September 26, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Carlson, W., Essanay Film Manufacturing Co & Afi/Edell. (1915) Dreamy Dud--he resolves not to smoke. [United States: Essanay Film Manufacturing Co] [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/00694009/.
MLA citation style:
Carlson, Wallace, -1967, Animation, Writing, Essanay Film Manufacturing Co, and Afi/Edell. Dreamy Dud--he resolves not to smoke. [United States: Essanay Film Manufacturing Co, 1915] Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/00694009/>.