Film, Video Bobby Bumps starts a lodge /
About this Item
- Bobby Bumps starts a lodge /
- Other Title
- Paramount-Bray Cartoon, no. 39, Bobby Bumps starts a lodge
- Bobby Bumps plays a trick on his friend who wants to be initiated into his lodge. When his friend outsmarts him and saves his life, they both agree to be initiated into the lodge together.
- Contributor Names
- Hurd, Earl, -1940, animation.
- Bray Studios.
- AFI/Atkinson (Dennis) Collection (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- United States : Paramount, .
- Subject Headings
- - Boys--United States--Drama
- - Tricks--Drama
- - Friendship--Drama
- - Secret societies--United States--Drama
- - Initiations (into trades, societies, etc.)--Drama
- - Lifesaving--Drama
- Comedy films
- Animated films
- Silent films
- Short films
- Fiction films
- - MP723 U.S. Copyright Office
- - Copyright: Bray Studios, Inc.; 21Sep16; MP723.
- - Duration: 5:15 at 24 fps.
- - Summary from J. McIntire, Silent animated films at the Library of Congress, 1995.
- - Additional holdings for this title may be available. See reference librarian.
- - Inspired by R.F. Outcault's comic strip Buster Brown.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - Digital file includes a piano score composed and performed by Philip Carli.
- - Sources used: Copyright catalog, motion pictures, 1912-1939; Library of Congress video collection, v. 3, Origins of American animation, 1900-1921; McIntire, J. Silent animated films at the Library of Congress, 1995; M/B/RS shelflist.
- viewing print. 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 5 min., ca. 615 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- dupe neg pic. 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 5 min., ca. 615 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- FEB 4161 (viewing print)
- FPD 9989 (dupe neg pic)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D. C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsAfi/Atkinson (dennis) Collection (library of Congress)
Initiations (into Trades, Societies, Etc.)
Articles and Essays with this item:
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in the Origins of American Animation, there may be content protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. The Library is anxious to hear from individuals or institutions that have information about these materials or know of their history.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Hurd, Earl, -1940, Animation, Bray Studios, and Afi/Atkinson. Bobby Bumps starts a lodge. [United States: Paramount, 1916] Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/00694011/. (Accessed September 29, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Hurd, E., Bray Studios & Afi/Atkinson. (1916) Bobby Bumps starts a lodge. [United States: Paramount] [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/00694011/.
MLA citation style:
Hurd, Earl, -1940, Animation, Bray Studios, and Afi/Atkinson. Bobby Bumps starts a lodge. [United States: Paramount, 1916] Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/00694011/>.