Film, Video Never again! The story of a speeder cop Never again / Story of a speeder cop
About this Item
- Never again! The story of a speeder cop
- Other Title
- Never again
- Story of a speeder cop
- An animated cartoon about an ineffectual policeman (Officer Heeler) who quits the force after a losing battle against speeders.
- Contributor Names
- Barré, Raoul, animation.
- Powers, Tom E., writing.
- International Film Service.
- Ernst (Louise) Collection (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- United States : [International Film Service, 1916].
- Subject Headings
- - Police--United States--Drama
- - Speed limits--United States--Drama
- - Traffic violations--United States--Drama
- - Traffic police--United States--Drama
- - Automobiles--United States--Speed--Drama
- - Automobile drivers--United States--Drama
- Comedy films
- Animated films
- Short films
- Fiction films
- - MP519 U.S. Copyright Office
- - Copyright: International Film Service, Inc.; 4Feb16; MP519.
- - Story, Tom E. Powers.
- - Duration: 2:01 at 22 fps.
- - Summary from M/B/RS preliminary catalog card.
- - Based on Tom Powers' newspaper comics.
- - Additional holdings for this title may be available. See reference librarian.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - Digital file includes a piano score composed and performed by Philip Carli.
- - Sources used: Copyright catalog, motion pictures, 1912-1939; Library of Congress video collection, v. 3, Origins of American animation, 1900-1921; McIntire, J. Silent animated films at the Library of Congress, 1995; M/B/RS preliminary catalog card.
- 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 2 min., ca. 60 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm. viewing print.
- 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 2 min., ca. 60 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm. dupe neg pic
- 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 2 min., ca. 60 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm. master pos pic.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- FLA 0575 (vewing print)
- FRA 3007 (dupe neg pic)
- FLA 0416 (master pos pic)
- FRA 4784 (dupe neg pic)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D. C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Ernst (Louise) Collection (Library of Congress)
International Film Service
Powers, Tom E.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in the Origins of American Animation, there may be content protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. The Library is anxious to hear from individuals or institutions that have information about these materials or know of their history.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Barré, Raoul, Animation, Tom E Powers, International Film Service, and Ernst. Never again! The story of a speeder cop. [United States: International Film Service, 1916] Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/00694017/. (Accessed January 20, 2017.)
APA citation style:
Barré, R., Powers, T. E., International Film Service & Ernst. (1916) Never again! The story of a speeder cop. [United States: International Film Service] [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/00694017/.
MLA citation style:
Barré, Raoul, Animation, et al. Never again! The story of a speeder cop. [United States: International Film Service, 1916] Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/00694017/>.