Film, Video AWOL, all wrong old Laddiebuck All wrong old Laddiebuck / AWOL; or, All wrong old Laddiebuck / A.W.O.L.
About this Item
- AWOL, all wrong old Laddiebuck
- Other Title
- All wrong old Laddiebuck
- AWOL; or, All wrong old Laddiebuck
- From J. McIntire, Silent animated films at the Library of Congress: Concerns American soldiers in Europe after the armstice [sic]. One goes AWOL with "Joy" (Miss AWOL) and after a series of mishaps with her, he is thrown in a guard house while his fellow soldiers go home.
- From Origin of American animation 1900-1921 notes: A cautionary tale for troops impatient to return home after the November 1918 armistice.
- Contributor Names
- Bowers, Charles R., 1889-1946, animation.
- American Motion Picture Corporation.
- AFI/Rhode Island Historical Society Collection (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- United States : [American Motion Picture Co., ca. 1919].
- Subject Headings
- - World War, 1914-1918--United States--Propaganda
- - Soldiers--Conduct of life--Drama
- - Absence without leave--Drama
- - World War, 1914-1918--Armistices--Drama
- - World War, 1914-1918--Prisoners and prisons--Drama
- - United States.--Army--Drama
- - Military offenses--Drama
- - Military prisons--Europe--Drama
- Instructional films
- Animated films
- Short films
- Fiction films
- - Copyright: no reg.
- - Duration: 3:05 (part 1) and 2:35 (part 2) at 22 fps.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - Digital file includes a piano score composed and performed by Philip Carli.
- - Sources used: Copyright catalog, motion pictures, 1912-1939; Library of Congress video collection, v. 3, Origins of American animation, 1900-1921 liner notes; McIntire, J. Silent animated films at the Library of Congress, 1995; M/B/RS preliminary catalog card.
- 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 6 min., ca. 479 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm. viewing print.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- FEA 3137 (viewing print)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D. C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsAfi/Rhode Island Historical Society Collection (Library of Congress)
American Motion Picture Corporation
Bowers, Charles R.
SubjectsAbsence Without Leave
Conduct of Life
Prisoners and Prisons
Articles and Essays with this item:
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in the Origins of American Animation, there may be content protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. The Library is anxious to hear from individuals or institutions that have information about these materials or know of their history.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Bowers, Charles R., Animation, American Motion Picture Corporation, and Afi/Rhode Island Historical Society Collection. AWOL, all wrong old Laddiebuck. [United States: American Motion Picture Co, 1919] Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/00694022/. (Accessed December 06, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Bowers, C. R., American Motion Picture Corporation & Afi/Rhode Island Historical Society Collection. (1919) AWOL, all wrong old Laddiebuck. [United States: American Motion Picture Co] [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/00694022/.
MLA citation style:
Bowers, Charles R., Animation, American Motion Picture Corporation, and Afi/Rhode Island Historical Society Collection. AWOL, all wrong old Laddiebuck. [United States: American Motion Picture Co, 1919] Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/00694022/>.