Film, Video [Gertie on tour--excerpts] Fragments from Gertie on tour
About this Item
- [Gertie on tour--excerpts]
- Other Title
- Fragments from Gertie on tour
- Gertie is a dinosaur who lives in present times. She encounters a train and dreams of being the life of the party in her time.
- Contributor Names
- McCay, Winsor, direction, production, animation.
- McCay, John, animation.
- Fitzsimmons, John A., animation.
- Rialto Productions.
- AFI/Cinémathèque canadienne Collection (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- United States : [Rialto Productions?, 1921].
- Subject Headings
- - Dinosaurs--Drama
- Fantasy films
- Animated films
- Film excerpts
- Fiction films
- - Copyright: no reg.
- - Additional animators, John McCay, John Fitzsimmons.
- - Main and end titles and parts of film lacking.
- - Duration: 1:22 at 24 fps.
- - Summary from J. McIntire, Silent animated films at the Library of Congress.
- - On reel with: [The centaurs--excerpts].
- - Sources used: Copyright catalog, motion pictures, 1912-1939; Library of Congress video collection, v. 3, Origins of American animation, 1900-1921; McIntire, J. Silent animated films at the Library of Congress, 1995; M/B/RS preliminary catalog card; Big cartoon database WWW site, viewed March 30, 2012.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - Digital file includes a piano score composed and performed by Philip Carli.
- 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 1 min., ca. 136 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm. viewing print.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- FEA 5543 (viewing print)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D. C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Articles and Essays with this item:
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in the Origins of American Animation, there may be content protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. The Library is anxious to hear from individuals or institutions that have information about these materials or know of their history.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Mccay, John, Animation, John A Fitzsimmons, Rialto Productions, and Afi/Cinémathèque Canadienne Collection. [Gertie on Tour--Excerpts]. [United States: Rialto Productions?, 1921] Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/00694024/. (Accessed December 08, 2016.)
APA citation style:
McCay, J., Fitzsimmons, J. A., Rialto Productions & Afi/Cinémathèque Canadienne Collection. (1921) [Gertie on tour--excerpts]. [United States: Rialto Productions?] [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/00694024/.
MLA citation style:
Mccay, John, Animation, et al. [Gertie on Tour--Excerpts]. [United States: Rialto Productions?, 1921] Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/00694024/>.