Audio Recording Gunga Din
Lasca / F. Desprez
Lasca (Edison 50575-L)
About this Item
- Gunga Din
- Lasca: Dramatic recitations were frequently on the variety show bill. Harry E. Humphrey delivers this romantic poem of the American West in the typical dramatic style of the time--Cf. American variety stage, 1870-1920 summary.
- Contributor Names
- Kipling, Rudyard, 1865-1936.
- Desprez, Frank.
- Humphrey, Harry E. (Harry Ervin), 1873-1947. spk
- Created / Published
- Orange, N.J. : Edison, 
- Subject Headings
- - Recitations
- - Monologues with music (Orchestra)
- - Side R: Dialect recitation ; Side L: recitation, with orchestra incidental music.
- - Side R: Harry E. Humphrey ; Side L: Harry E. Humphrey.
- - Coupling dates: 6/6/19 (R), 2/1919 (L)--Cf. Wile, 1978.
- - Acoustic recording.
- - LC copy: 4536-J-1-1 (matrix, 1st side) ; 5055-H-4-1 (matrix, 2nd side).
- - SYB copy: 4536-G-1-4 (matrix, 1st side) ; matrix 5055-F-1-10 (matrix, 2nd side).
- 1 audio disc : analog, 80 rpm ; 10 in.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- Edison 50575
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- OCLC Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
The Library of Congress American Variety Stage collection is in the public domain and is free to use and reuse.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Kipling, Rudyard, Frank Desprez, and Harry E Humphrey. Gunga Din. [Orange, N.J.: Edison, 1919] Audio. https://www.loc.gov/item/00694068/.
APA citation style:
Kipling, R., Desprez, F. & Humphrey, H. E. (1919) Gunga Din. [Orange, N.J.: Edison] [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/00694068/.
MLA citation style:
Kipling, Rudyard, Frank Desprez, and Harry E Humphrey. Gunga Din. [Orange, N.J.: Edison, 1919] Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/00694068/>.
More Audio Recordings like this
Audio RecordingHappy tho' married : monologue ; Desperate Desmond : drama : (rehearsing the orchestra) : vaudeville ...
Happy though married Happy tho' married side: Presents a humorous monologue in Hebrew dialect in which a man describes the courtship of his future wife and their life together after marriage. Desperate Desmond side: Presents...
- Contributor: Duprez, Fred
- Date: 1915
Audio RecordingGood-bye Broadway, hello France : baritone and chorus with orchestra The 1st song from the revue, The passing show of 1917. Edison: 5687-C-2-78 (matrix), 5659-C-3-77 (matrix); Diamond Disc no. on edge of disc: 50443. Arthur Fields, baritone (1st work) ; Billy Murray,...
- Contributor: Fields, Arthur - Cohan, George M. (George Michael) - Murray, Billy - Baskette, Billy
- Date: 1917
Audio RecordingThe Arkansas traveler descriptive scene ; Flanagan's troubles in a restaurant : vaudeville specialty. Steve Porter, speaking (sides 1 and 2) ; Ernest Hare, speaking (side 1) ; with violin (side 1) and orchestra (side 2). Recorded July 10, 1922 (1st side) and January 1923 (2nd...
- Contributor: Hare, Ernest - Porter, Steve
- Date: 1929
Audio RecordingLaughing record : Henry's music lesson. Porters on a Pullman train
Henry's music lesson Laughing record; novelty song. Edison: 8860-B-3-7 (matrix), 8606-B-4-3 (matrix); additional nos. on labels: 8860, 8606; Diamond Disc nos. on labels: 51063-R, 51063-L. Humorous song and spoken word comedy. Sally Stembler, speaking, laughing,...
- Contributor: Collins, Arthur - Collins and Harlan (Musical Group) - Crandall, Charles D. - Stembler, Sallie - Harlan, Byron G.
- Date: 1923
Audio RecordingIn Siam : Wars of the world : N.Y. Hippodrome : tenor and chorus, orchestra accompaniment Edison: 3382-B-43 (matrix), 3365-C-53 (matrix); Diamond Disc no. on edge of disc: 50198. The 1st song from a revue. Billy Murray, tenor--Cf. Wile, 1978. Performed with accompaniment. Coupling date: 11/23/1914--Cf. Wile, 1978....
- Contributor: Klein, Manuel - Murray, Billy - Berlin, Irving
- Date: 1914