Audio Recording The trumpet shall sound--Messiah Messiah. / Trumpet shall sound
About this Item
- The trumpet shall sound--Messiah
- Other Title
- Trumpet shall sound
- Contributor Names
- Handel, George Frideric, 1685-1759.
- Middleton, Arthur, 1880-1929. prf
- Created / Published
- Orange, N.J. : Edison, 1916.
- Subject Headings
- - Sacred songs (Low voice) with orchestra
- - Oratorios--Excerpts
- - Trumpet with orchestra
- - Recitative
- - Coupling date: 2/3/1916.
- - Cutout date: 10/31/1929.
- - On label: Recitative and Air, bass solo with trumpet obligato and orchestra.
- - With (reverse side): I know that my redeemer liveth--Messiah / Julia Heinrich.
- 1 sound disc : analog, 80 rpm ; 10 in.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- Edison Diamond Disc 83042[-L]
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- Coupling date: 2/3/1916. Cutout date: 10/31/1929. On label: Recitative and Air, bass solo with trumpet obligato and orchestra. With (reverse side): I know that my redeemer liveth--Messiah / Julia Heinrich.
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in the Inventing Entertainment: The Motion Pictures and Sound Recordings of the Edison Companies, there may be content protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. The Library is anxious to hear from individuals or institutions that have information about these materials or know of their history.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
The following films are reproduced courtesy of the Theodore Roosevelt Association, P.O. Box 720, Oyster Bay, NY 11771: U.S. Troops Landing at Daiquirí, Cuba; Troops Making Military Road in Front of Santiago; Pack Mules with Ammunition on the Santiago Trail, Cuba.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Handel, George Frideric, and Arthur Middleton. The trumpet shall sound--Messiah. Orange, N.J.: Edison, 1916. Audio. https://www.loc.gov/item/00694104/.
APA citation style:
Handel, G. F. & Middleton, A. (1916) The trumpet shall sound--Messiah. Orange, N.J.: Edison. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/00694104/.
MLA citation style:
Handel, George Frideric, and Arthur Middleton. The trumpet shall sound--Messiah. Orange, N.J.: Edison, 1916. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/00694104/>.
More Audio Recordings like this
Audio RecordingQuand' ero paggio
Falstaff. | Quand'ero paggio | Don Giovanni. | Deh, vieni alla finestra Coupling date: 9/7/1921. Cutout date: 10/31/1929. On label: bass with orchestra, in Italian; titles listed as (a) and (b). With (reverse side): Quartet - Bella figlia dell amore / Odette Le Fontenay,...
- Contributor: Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus - Middleton, Arthur - Verdi, Giuseppe
- Date: 1921
Audio RecordingGive a man a horse he can ride Coupling date: 2/1/1921. Cutout date: 10/31/1929. On label: bass-baritone with orchestra. With (reverse side): Thy troubadour / Arthur Middleton.
- Contributor: Thomason, James - Middleton, Arthur - O'Hara, Geoffrey
- Date: 1921
Audio RecordingAt the ball that's all Copyright: Remick Music Corp., 1913/Jerry Vogel Music Co., Inc. Coupling date: 6/22/1915. Cutout date: 11/21/1927. Chorus finale from Hill's musical 'My Friend from Kentucky' (1913), interpolated into the author's 'Darktown Follies' (1914)...
- Contributor: Tally, Harry - Mayo, Harry - Hill, J. Leubrie (John Leubrie)
- Date: 1915
Audio RecordingLa sonnambula. Ah! non credia mirarti
Ah! non credia mirarti | Explanatory talk Coupling date: 5/11/1915. Cutout date: 10/31/1929. On label: soprano solo in Italian, orchestra accompaniment. With (reverse side): Explanatory talk / Harry E. Humphrey.
- Contributor: Case, Anna - Bellini, Vincenzo
- Date: 1915
Audio RecordingLa mamma morta--Andrea Chénier
Andrea Chénier. | Mamma morta Coupling date: 2/1/1921. Cutout date: 10/31/1929. On label: soprano with orchestra, in Italian. With (reverse side): Sei forse l'angelo fedele? (The letter scene) / Claudia Muzio.
- Contributor: Muzio, Claudia - Giordano, Umberto
- Date: 1921