Film, Video Amy Muller
About this Item
- Amy Muller
- "A beautiful fantastic toe dance. A good subject colored"--Maguire & Baucus catalogue, April 1897.
- Contributor Names
- Muller, Amy, performer.
- Heise, William, camera.
- Thomas A. Edison, Inc.
- Created / Published
- United States : Edison Manufacturing Co., 
- Subject Headings
- - Skirt dancing
- - Dancers
- Filmed vaudeville acts
- Silent films
- Short films
- Nonfiction films
- - Performer: Amy Muller.
- - Camera, William Heise.
- - Duration: 0:18 at 30 fps.
- - Filmed in Edison's Black Maria studio in West Orange, New Jersey, probably around March 24, 1896.
- - Sources used: Musser, Edison motion pictures 1890-1900, p. 195; Maguire & Baucus. Edison and international photographic films catalogue, April 1897, p. 3 [MI].
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - 35 mm viewing print renumbered: FEC 8081 to FYA 1154.
- viewing print 1 film reel of 1 (34 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- FYA 1154 (viewing print)
- Source Collection
- Hendricks (Gordon) Collection (Library of Congress)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D. C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in the Inventing Entertainment: The Motion Pictures and Sound Recordings of the Edison Companies, there may be content protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. The Library is anxious to hear from individuals or institutions that have information about these materials or know of their history.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
The following films are reproduced courtesy of the Theodore Roosevelt Association, P.O. Box 720, Oyster Bay, NY 11771: U.S. Troops Landing at Daiquirí, Cuba; Troops Making Military Road in Front of Santiago; Pack Mules with Ammunition on the Santiago Trail, Cuba.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Heise, William, Camera, and Inc Thomas A. Edison. Amy Muller. performeds by Muller, Amy [United States: Edison Manufacturing Co, 1896] Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/00694109/.
APA citation style:
Heise, W. & Thomas A. Edison, I. (1896) Amy Muller. Muller, A., performer [United States: Edison Manufacturing Co] [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/00694109/.
MLA citation style:
Heise, William, Camera, and Inc Thomas A. Edison. Amy Muller. performer by Muller, Amy [United States: Edison Manufacturing Co, 1896] Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/00694109/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoImperial Japanese dance
Japanese dance "A charming representation of The Mikado dance by three beautiful Japanese ladies in full costume. Very effective when colored. 45 feet"--Edison films catalog.
- Contributor: Thomas A. Edison, Inc - Sarashe Sisters - Dickson, W. K.-L. (William Kennedy-Laurie) - Afi/Holt (H.L.) Collection (Library of Congress) - Heise, William
- Date: 1894
Film, VideoCaicedo (with pole)
Caicedo. | Caciedo | Caceido "King of the slack wire. His daring feats of balancing as he performs his thrilling feats in midair show that he is perfectly at home. 50 feet"--Edison films catalog, no. 94.
- Contributor: Caicedo, Juan A. - Thomas A. Edison, Inc - Dickson, W. K.-L. (William Kennedy-Laurie) - Hendricks (Gordon) Collection (Library of Congress) - Heise, William
- Date: 1894
Film, VideoGlenroy Bros. [No. 2]
Glenroy Brothers. "The Glenroy Brothers perform a portion of their vaudeville act, The Comic View of Boxing: The Tramp & the Athlete"--Internet movie database. "Farcical pugilists in costume"--Raff & Gammon price list.
- Contributor: Thomas A. Edison, Inc - Glenroy Brothers - Dickson, W. K.-L. (William Kennedy-Laurie) - Heise, William
- Date: 1894
Film, VideoPrincess Ali
Egyptian dance Princess Ali, of Barnum and Bailey's Circus, is filmed performing an Egyptian dance. As she dances, some musicians perform in the background to provide accompaniment.
- Contributor: Thomas A. Edison, Inc - Hendricks (Gordon) Collection (Library of Congress) - Heise, William
- Date: 1895
Film, VideoLuis Martinetti
Louis Martinetti | Louis Martinelli | Louis Martinetti, contortionist "Gymnast and contortionist, performing on flying rings"--Raff & Gammon price list.
- Contributor: Thomas A. Edison, Inc - Martinetti, Luis - Dickson, W. K.-L. (William Kennedy-Laurie) - Hendricks (Gordon) Collection (Library of Congress) - Heise, William
- Date: 1894