Film, Video Bucking broncho
About this Item
- Bucking broncho
- From Raff & Gammon price list: An out-of-door scene. The men and horse of this subject are from "Buffalo Bill's Wild West." 15.00.
- From Maguire & Baucus catalogue: A cowboy riding an unruly "bronco."
- From Edison films catalog: A fine exhibition of horsemanship by Lee Martin, a genuine cowboy. This particular broncho is an unusually wicked one. 40 feet. $6.00.
- Contributor Names
- Dickson, W. K.-L. (William Kennedy-Laurie), 1860-1935, production.
- Heise, William, camera.
- Martin, Lee, performer.
- Hammitt, Frank, performer.
- Thomas A. Edison, Inc.
- Hendricks (Gordon) Collection (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- United States : Edison Manufacturing Co., 
- Subject Headings
- - Horses--Training--United States
- - Cowboys--United States
- - Horsemanship--United States
- - Rodeos--United States
- - Horse sports--United States
- - Wild west shows--United States
- Actualities (Motion pictures)
- - Copyright: no reg.
- - Performers: Lee Martin, Frank Hammitt.
- - Camera, William Heise.
- - Duration: 0:21 at 30 fps.
- - MAVIS 180334; Bucking broncho.
- - Filmed October 16, 1894, at the Edison Laboratory in West Orange, N.J.
- - Sources used: Copyright catalog, motion pictures, 1894-1912; Musser, C. Edison motion pictures 1890-1900, 1997, p. 140-41; Raff & Gammon. Price list of films, ca. June 1895, p. 1 [MI]; Maguire & Baucus. Edison and international photographic films catalogue, April 1897, p. 3 [MI]; Edison films catalog, no. 105, July 1901, p. 49 [MI].
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - Received: 5-13-1994 from LC film lab; viewing print; preservation; Hendricks (Gordon) Collection.
- 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 1 min., ca. 39 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm. viewing print
- Call Number/Physical Location
- FEC 8099 (viewing print)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D. C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- From Raff & Gammon price list: An out-of-door scene. The men and horse of this subject are from "Buffalo Bill's Wild West." 15.00. From Maguire & Baucus catalogue: A cowboy riding an unruly "bronco." From Edison films catalog: A fine exhibition of horsemanship by Lee Martin, a genuine cowboy. This particular broncho is an unusually wicked one. 40 feet. $6.00.
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsDickson, W. K.-L. (William Kennedy-Laurie)
Hendricks (Gordon) Collection (Library of Congress)
Thomas A. Edison, Inc
SubjectsActualities (Motion Pictures)
Wild West Shows
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in the Inventing Entertainment: The Motion Pictures and Sound Recordings of the Edison Companies, there may be content protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. The Library is anxious to hear from individuals or institutions that have information about these materials or know of their history.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
The following films are reproduced courtesy of the Theodore Roosevelt Association, P.O. Box 720, Oyster Bay, NY 11771: U.S. Troops Landing at Daiquirí, Cuba; Troops Making Military Road in Front of Santiago; Pack Mules with Ammunition on the Santiago Trail, Cuba.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Heise, William, Camera, Inc Thomas A. Edison, and Hendricks. Bucking Broncho. [United States: Edison Manufacturing Co, 1894] Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/00694113/. (Accessed July 27, 2017.)
APA citation style:
Heise, W., Thomas A. Edison, I. & Hendricks. (1894) Bucking Broncho. [United States: Edison Manufacturing Co] [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/00694113/.
MLA citation style:
Heise, William, Camera, Inc Thomas A. Edison, and Hendricks. Bucking Broncho. [United States: Edison Manufacturing Co, 1894] Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/00694113/>.