Film, Video Glenroy Bros. [No. 2] Glenroy Brothers.
About this Item
- Glenroy Bros. [No. 2]
- Other Title
- Glenroy Brothers.
- "The Glenroy Brothers perform a portion of their vaudeville act, The Comic View of Boxing: The Tramp & the Athlete"--Internet movie database.
- "Farcical pugilists in costume"--Raff & Gammon price list.
- Contributor Names
- Dickson, W. K.-L. (William Kennedy-Laurie), 1860-1935, production.
- Heise, William, camera.
- Thomas A. Edison, Inc.
- Glenroy Brothers, performers.
- Created / Published
- United States : Edison Manufacturing Co., 
- Subject Headings
- - Boxing--Humor
- - Boxers (Sports)--Humor
- Filmed vaudeville acts
- Comedy films
- Silent films
- Short films
- Nonfiction films
- - Performers: Glenroy Brothers.
- - Camera, William Heise.
- - Duration: 0:18 at 30 fps.
- - Filmed October 6, 1894, in Edison's Black Maria studio, West Orange, New Jersey.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as digital files.
- - Sources used: Musser, C. Edison motion pictures 1890-1900, 1997, p. 139; Raff & Gammon. Price list of films, ca. June 1895, p. 1 [MI]; Internet movie database, April 28, 2021.
- viewing print 1 film reel of 1 (33 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- FEC 8089 (viewing print)
- Source Collection
- Hendricks (Gordon) Collection (Library of Congress)
- Library of Congress Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division Washington, D. C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
While the Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the materials in the Inventing Entertainment: The Motion Pictures and Sound Recordings of the Edison Companies, there may be content protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. The Library is anxious to hear from individuals or institutions that have information about these materials or know of their history.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
The following films are reproduced courtesy of the Theodore Roosevelt Association, P.O. Box 720, Oyster Bay, NY 11771: U.S. Troops Landing at Daiquirí, Cuba; Troops Making Military Road in Front of Santiago; Pack Mules with Ammunition on the Santiago Trail, Cuba.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Heise, William, Camera, and Inc Thomas A. Edison. Glenroy Bros. No. 2. performeds by Glenroy Brotherss, produceds by Dickson, W. K.-L. , Uction [United States: Edison Manufacturing Co, 1894] Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/00694121/.
APA citation style:
Heise, W. & Thomas A. Edison, I. (1894) Glenroy Bros. No. 2. Glenroy Brotherss, performer, Dickson, W. K. -., prod [United States: Edison Manufacturing Co] [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/00694121/.
MLA citation style:
Heise, William, Camera, and Inc Thomas A. Edison. Glenroy Bros. No. 2. performer by Glenroy Brotherss, prod by Dickson, W. K.-L. , Uction [United States: Edison Manufacturing Co, 1894] Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/00694121/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoCaicedo (with pole)
Caicedo. | Caciedo | Caceido "King of the slack wire. His daring feats of balancing as he performs his thrilling feats in midair show that he is perfectly at home. 50 feet"--Edison films catalog, no. 94.
- Contributor: Caicedo, Juan A. - Thomas A. Edison, Inc - Dickson, W. K.-L. (William Kennedy-Laurie) - Hendricks (Gordon) Collection (Library of Congress) - Heise, William
- Date: 1894
Film, Video[Men boxing]
Early Edison camera tests Experimental film made with the Edison-Dickson-Heise experimental horizontal-feed kinetograph camera and viewer, using 3/4-inch wide film.
- Contributor: Thomas A. Edison, Inc - Edison Collection (Library of Congress) - Dickson, W. K.-L. (William Kennedy-Laurie) - Heise, William
- Date: 1891
Film, VideoRobetta and Doretto, [no. 2]
Chinese laundry "The pursuit of Hop Lee by an irate policeman"--Maguire & Baucus catalogue.
- Contributor: Heise, William - Dickson, W. K.-L. (William Kennedy-Laurie) - Thomas A. Edison, Inc - Robetta - Hendricks (Gordon) Collection (Library of Congress) - Doretto, Phil
- Date: 1894
Film, VideoImperial Japanese dance
Japanese dance "A charming representation of The Mikado dance by three beautiful Japanese ladies in full costume. Very effective when colored. 45 feet"--Edison films catalog.
- Contributor: Thomas A. Edison, Inc - Sarashe Sisters - Dickson, W. K.-L. (William Kennedy-Laurie) - Afi/Holt (H.L.) Collection (Library of Congress) - Heise, William
- Date: 1894
Film, VideoLuis Martinetti
Louis Martinetti | Louis Martinelli | Louis Martinetti, contortionist "Gymnast and contortionist, performing on flying rings"--Raff & Gammon price list.
- Contributor: Thomas A. Edison, Inc - Martinetti, Luis - Dickson, W. K.-L. (William Kennedy-Laurie) - Hendricks (Gordon) Collection (Library of Congress) - Heise, William
- Date: 1894